How to change an oracle database to a paradox database

How to change an oracle database to a paradox database

Post by Perry Wa » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Have you tried the Data Migration Expert program (aka Data Pump) which
comes with Delphi C/S and Paradox C/S ?  You can pick a database to extract
from, pick one to migrate to, tag which tables you want to migrate and
optionally check the field names, table names, etc.. then press one button
and wallah!! instant conversion!

I've used the program numerous times going from Paradox to Interbase, SQL
Server, Oracle and Sybase and going from Interbase and Oracle to Paradox.

Keep in mind when you convert that Oracle DB, Paradox doesn't support
Triggers, Exceptions, Generators, Stored Procs, etc.. any Metadata for that
matter.

Quote:> Hi all,

Post by Jens-Peter Muck » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi all,

we have an oracle database and want to copy the tables to a paradox
database using Delphi 3.

Does anybody have an idea ???

Thanks for answers

   Jens-Peter

How to change an oracle database to a paradox database

Post by Marc Scheun » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>we have an oracle database and want to copy the tables to a paradox
>database using Delphi 3.
>Does anybody have an idea ???

Have a look at TBatchMove !

Marc

1. Flushing changes to paradox database from Delphi 5

Hi,

I'm using Delphi 5 and Paradox. Since i like to use the database
"multi-user" I like to write changes made by one user to the database. But
whatever I do, the changes are stored in a local cash.
I want to write directely to the database and I like a "Save" button that
flushes the cash (since all changes are lost with eventual crashes and power
failures). I tryed a lot of things yet, but nothing worked so far.

Thanks in advance

Jochem Wielders

2. Security

3. help: How to use access upsizing tool to change access database to sql database

4. Time to start planning Covert Operations! (Ok maybe not! ;-)

5. Copying database structure changes directly to another database

6. The best way to work with SQL Server from VC++

7. changing database schema for replicated databases

8. OAS 4.0.8 servlets init argument configuration

9. Replicate Database Schema Changes to multiple databases

10. change database size after database was created

11. how to change the database sort order and the database charset

12. Seeking suggestion and advice: how to propagate change from one database to another database