Constants for logical field types idapi.h

Constants for logical field types idapi.h

Post by Dieter Treme » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Using Delphi3 i want to do a little BDE programming, but i have the
problem, that i do not know these constants for logical field types like
fldINT32.
I suppose, they are in idapi.h (please mail me), but as a Delphi user I
do not have this file.
Where is the same info in Delphi? I didn't find it in bde32.hlp.

Thanks for help.

--

Dieter Tremel                Tel.:  +49 8161 96077
Landshuter Str. 20           Fax.:  +49 8161 96078

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Constants for logical field types idapi.h

Post by Carlos E. T » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> Using Delphi3 i want to do a little BDE programming, but i have the
> problem, that i do not know these constants for logical field types like
> fldINT32.
> I suppose, they are in idapi.h (please mail me), but as a Delphi user I
> do not have this file.
> Where is the same info in Delphi? I didn't find it in bde32.hlp.

See the file BDE.INT under the 'DOC' subdir of your Delphi installation.

HTH.

--
Carlos

Constants for logical field types idapi.h

Post by Carl Caulket » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi Dieter,

Have a look in the ..\Delphi 3\Doc folder. There you should find the
file BDE.INT which contains the interface section from BDE.PAS. This
contains all the constants that you need.

While I think of it, for anyone reading this that uses Delphi 2 for BDE
programming, have a look at at HelpDeco. It's a help decompiler
available free from
WexTech - http://www.wextech.com/helpdeco.htm . With Helpdeco, you can
decompile BDE32.HLP so that the RTF file is generated. You can then run
KWGEN.EXE to generate a keyword list which can then be incorporated into
the Delphi help system to give context sensitive help. Try it, it works
a treat ...

Cheers,
Carl.

> Using Delphi3 i want to do a little BDE programming, but i have the
> problem, that i do not know these constants for logical field types like
> fldINT32.
> I suppose, they are in idapi.h (please mail me), but as a Delphi user I
> do not have this file.
> Where is the same info in Delphi? I didn't find it in bde32.hlp.

---8<---
--
Please remove 'no__junk' from the return address to Email me.

1. BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS

Following is the test query

tableName | field Name             |
          | CHECK as TO someName   |

Start your Paradox for Windows. Choose Help|About. Press I. Internal
build will be displayed. Then there will be words "lego:" followed
by a date. If that date is from 1994, you are OK. But if you installed
Delphi or latest release of Novel Office or Quatro Pro, that date
might be from 1995. That's the version of IDAPI the BUG is in. Here
is how it goes...

In above query we have used word "TO". It is not a key word. I called
Borland's Tech Support line paying $2/min and they confirmed it's not.

Above query works fine. But if your "lego" date (i.e. IDAPI build) meets
above criteria, you will get an error message saying "AS must be followed
by a name of field in the ANSWER table". Whether you some thing after
TO or not, DOES NOT MATTER.

Called Borland many times about it but the guys there wouldn't believe
me as it works on any copy of Paradox. Finally I asked them to try it
on a machine which had DELPHI installed on it after Paradox and thus
had a "lego:" date of Feb/95. It was confirmed and registered.

regards,
--nasir

2. PA-Horsham-98995--Client/Server-ORACLE-Oracle DBA (Senior Level)

3. To add a field of the type Dates with a field of the Whole type

4. Calculating sums from two subtables

5. Copying logical fields to a memo field in one database

6. Ado Error trapping

7. SQL Server comparisons between columns and constants with different data types

8. Invoice DBS

9. Data Type Constants in SQL Server 6.5

10. OLE DB Data Type Constant

11. date literals (constants) and timestamp data type

12. Anchor to type of a constant ?