Problem: VB6, Informix OLE DB, Informix Client SDK 2.30

Problem: VB6, Informix OLE DB, Informix Client SDK 2.30

Post by Leopold The Ca » Thu, 02 Sep 1999 04:00:00

There is no connection-level restrictions since the server handles
permissions and concurrency. Just ignore it.

Leopold

Quote:> hi,

Post by Thenardie » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

hi,

i try to setup a connection object in vb6 using informix ole db
provider (in informix client sdk 2.30).  in the data link properties
dialog box, related blanks are filled and the connection is made
successfully.  but, when i move to the [advanced] tab in which we can
specify the [connect timeout] and [access permissions] properties, i
find that the [access permissions] area is disabled.  it doesn't allow
me to select even a read permission.

what happens?  does ole db offered by informix provide functions to
allow users to specify access permissions like read or readwrite?  and
where should i do this?

thanx a lots!

rgds,
thenard

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Problem: VB6, Informix OLE DB, Informix Client SDK 2.30

hi,

i try to setup a connection object in vb6 using informix ole db
provider (in informix client sdk 2.30).  in the data link properties
dialog box, related blanks are filled and the connection is made
successfully.  but, when i move to the [advanced] tab in which we can
specify the [connect timeout] and [access permissions] properties, i
find that the [access permissions] area is disabled.  it doesn't allow
me to select even a read permission.

what happens?  does ole db offered by informix provide functions to
allow users to specify access permissions like read or readwrite?  and
where should i do this?

thanx a lots!

rgds,
thenard

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Database Diagrams SQL 7.0

3. run-time error 429

4. Installing Informix Client SDK 2.3 silently

5. BUG: ADO insert fails if trigger DELETEs nothing.

6. upgrade informix-cli to informix client-sdk

7. Using Enterprise Manager over Internet

8. Difference between Informix connect and Informix Client SDK

9. Client SDK 2.30 Access "Left Join"

10. Can i connect informix sdk client for windows to informix 4.1

11. Difference between Informix connect and Informix Client SDK