ADO 2.0 and Package/Deployment Wizard

Post by Craig Gorsk » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I created a setup program using Package/Deployment Wizard but it could
not work on another machine. I got an err msg : Error #3706 ADO Could
Not Find the specific Provider. I use VB 6.0, ADO 2.0 and Access 97 and
the code has the problem is :
.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=xx.mdb"
I even include the mdac_typ.exe in the package. Could anyone tell me the
problem or if there are any dependency files for msado20.tlb?
thanks a lot,
Craig

ADO 2.0 and Package/Deployment Wizard

Post by Clemen » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

instead of
ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DataSource=xx.mdb"
try
ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;File Name=xx.mdb"

 Clement

Quote:> I created a setup program using Package/Deployment Wizard but it could
> not work on another machine. I got an err msg : Error #3706 ADO Could
> Not Find the specific Provider. I use VB 6.0, ADO 2.0 and Access 97 and
> the code has the problem is :
> .ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
> Source=xx.mdb"
> I even include the mdac_typ.exe in the package. Could anyone tell me the
> problem or if there are any dependency files for msado20.tlb?
> thanks a lot,
> Craig

ADO 2.0 and Package/Deployment Wizard

Post by Robert Gravereau » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I believe the provider you're using (Jet 4.0 provider) is only available
with ADO (MDAC) 2.1.  ADO 2.0 included the Jet 3.51 provider
(Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51).

Are you sure ADO 2.1 is not on your development PC?  Try updating the
mdac_typ.exe file in your wizard directory (VB98\Wizards\PDWizard\Redist) to
ADO (MDAC) 2.1 if you really want to use this provider.  Also make sure your
project dependencies include ADO 2.1.  In short, match your dependencies to
the version of ADO (MDAC) that you're distributing.

>I created a setup program using Package/Deployment Wizard but it could
>not work on another machine. I got an err msg : Error #3706 ADO Could
>Not Find the specific Provider. I use VB 6.0, ADO 2.0 and Access 97 and
>the code has the problem is :
>.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
>Source=xx.mdb"
>I even include the mdac_typ.exe in the package. Could anyone tell me the
>problem or if there are any dependency files for msado20.tlb?
>thanks a lot,
>Craig

1. ADO 2.0 and Package/Deployment Wizard

I created a setup program using Package/Deployment Wizard but it could
not work on another machine. I got an err msg : Error #3706 ADO Could
Not Find the specific Provider. I use VB 6.0, ADO 2.0 and Access 97 and
the code has the problem is :
.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=xx.mdb"
I even include the mdac_typ.exe in the package. Could anyone tell me the
problem or if there are any dependency files for msado20.tlb?
thanks a lot,
Craig

2. SP1 Upgrade Assistance

3. Package & Deployment Wizard with SQL2000

4. pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc1 ...

5. Package Deployment Wizard?

6. Stored Procedures

7. Package&Deployment wizard problem

8. TRIGGER Creation Date

9. Package and deployment wizard

10. package & Deployment Wizard

11. Using Package and Deployment Wizard - Didn't work

12. Package & Deployment Wizard Query

13. Package and Deployment Wizard doesn't work with Data Environment Report