Converting Access 97 Database to Access 2

Converting Access 97 Database to Access 2

Post by Vadim Rap » Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I need to convert Access 97 database into Access 2 using DAO (no OLE
automation, as there's no Access 2 on user's machine is expected). The
database contains only 2 tables, no other objects. How will I do that?

Vadim

Converting Access 97 Database to Access 2

Post by Steve Naso » Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I will assume that the users machine has the data required to populate the
tables
you could distribute an empty database created with access 2.0 then use code
in your access 97 application. to export the required tables to the empty
database.
if the process will be repeated you can use code to copy the 2.0 database
using a new filename then export the tables. alowing you to create several
2.0 files from the one original.

>I need to convert Access 97 database into Access 2 using DAO (no OLE
>automation, as there's no Access 2 on user's machine is expected). The
>database contains only 2 tables, no other objects. How will I do that?

>Vadim

Converting Access 97 Database to Access 2

Post by Alex Dybenk » Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:00:00

try to make an empty A2 database and run Select * Into NewTable In
'A2.mdb'....

Quote:> I need to convert Access 97 database into Access 2 using DAO (no OLE
> automation, as there's no Access 2 on user's machine is expected). The
> database contains only 2 tables, no other objects. How will I do that?

> Vadim

Converting Access 97 Database to Access 2

Post by nazar haya » Thu, 17 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi

We were having problem in converting data from Access 97 to Access 2000.
There used to be an error of corrupt visual basic file.

So we ran 97 and 2000 on the same system separately. Removed all Visual
basic Codes and copied them elses where. Then converted from 97 to 2000. No
problem faced. then we pasted the Visual Basic Codes on the 2000 wherever
they were missing. Now it is working OK. For your information.

--
nazar hayat

http://www.geocities.com/soho/lofts/8723
Tel: (9221) 5673477/5673768