ADO 2.0

Post by Ryan Sha » Thu, 08 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I am now using Visual Basic 6.0 and using ADO 2.0 to connect to my
databases.  My question is that I hear much about this new ADO data control
with VB 6.0 but I am not sure if it is faster to use straight ADO code or
use the ADO Data Control and bound my controls...........

Ryan Shaw

ADO 2.0

Post by Hakz » Sun, 11 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I've used the ado data ctrl with the grid control. I've found it's at least
2-3 times faster then using loop style code. I usually don't like to use
data ctrls, but when loading large db's onto a grid it's the only way to go.

>I am now using Visual Basic 6.0 and using ADO 2.0 to connect to my
>databases.  My question is that I hear much about this new ADO data control
>with VB 6.0 but I am not sure if it is faster to use straight ADO code or
>use the ADO Data Control and bound my controls...........

>Ryan Shaw

1. ADO Control against ADO 2.1 and ADO 2.0

I have met with the next problem. I open a project and add to form ADO
control (ADOdc). Then I want to use an event handler for it for event
MoveComplete. VB generats me the following:

Private Sub Adodc1_MoveComplete(ByVal adReason As ADODB.EventReasonEnum,
ByVal pError As ADODB.Error, adStatus As ADODB.EventStatusEnum, ByVal
pRecordset As ADODB.Recordset)
''''''
End Sub

Now if in References to the project I add ADO 2.0 Library then I can run
the project. But if instead of that I add ADO 2.1 Library then I get a
message:
Compile error: Procedure declaration does not match description of event or
procedure having the same name.
What does it mean:
  - I can't use ADO control with ADO 2.1 library?
 - It's bug of Microsoft?
- something else?
Thank you

2. IRVING -- Oracle Programmer/DBA

3. Much ADO about nothing?--Oracle BLOBs and ADO 2.0

4. "Instead Of Insert" Trigger

5. Using ADO 2.1 / ADOX / ADO 2.0 with C++

6. Problem with Redhat 7.3/DB2 7.2 FP5

7. ADO 2.0 vs ADO 2.1

8. Performance question

9. Removing ADO 2.0 from project adding ADO 2.5

10. Using ADO 2.1 / ADOX / ADO 2.0 with C++

11. Support regarding ADO 2.0, 2.1 and 2.5 with SQL 2000 SP1

12. ADO 2.0, 2.1, 2.5 support with SQL 2000 SP1

13. accessing stored procedure return value using ADO (2.0) command execute method