Delphi 2.0 - Data Pump doesn't work......

Delphi 2.0 - Data Pump doesn't work......

Post by Robert Allen Schambac » Wed, 10 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Has anyone gotten to data pump to work at all? I have tried with Access
7 to Paradox, Paradox to Interbase, Paradox to Oracle and alwais get the
following error message: Access violation at address 0046CE2E. Read of
address FFFFFFFF. I will not pay $75.00 to find out what the problem is.
All the databases use referencial integrety.

Delphi 2.0 - Data Pump doesn't work......

Post by Ari Hirvinie » Thu, 11 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Has anyone gotten to data pump to work at all? I have tried with Access
>7 to Paradox, Paradox to Interbase, Paradox to Oracle and alwais get the
>following error message: Access violation at address 0046CE2E. Read of
>address FFFFFFFF. I will not pay $75.00 to find out what the problem is.
>All the databases use referencial integrety.

Usually reason for getting '...address FFFFFFFF' is you haven't created
object which properties/methods you're accessing. So check your code,
are you sure have called MyObject := TObject.Create(...).

- Ari

All my opinions and comments are personal and have nothing to do
with my employer.

Delphi 2.0 - Data Pump doesn't work......

Post by Robert Allen Schambac » Thu, 11 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Robert answered:

Data Pump is a stand alone program that comes with Delphi so I don't
have access to the source code.

Post by Lewis Mettl » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Has anyone gotten to data pump to work at all? I have tried with Access
>7 to Paradox, Paradox to Interbase, Paradox to Oracle and alwais get the
>following error message: Access violation at address 0046CE2E. Read of
>address FFFFFFFF. I will not pay $75.00 to find out what the problem is.
>All the databases use referencial integrety.

I have been able to get it to transfer from Interbase to Paradox,
Interrbase to MS SQL (but very slow).

Double check you alias via the Database Desktop to make sure you can
fully access the databases manually.

A guru has made all possible mistakes and remembered each one.

Post by R. Brian Lindah » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> Has anyone gotten to data pump to work at all? I have tried with Access
> 7 to Paradox, Paradox to Interbase, Paradox to Oracle and alwais get the
> following error message: Access violation at address 0046CE2E. Read of
> address FFFFFFFF. I will not pay $75.00 to find out what the problem is.
> All the databases use referencial integrety.

I don't have specific DataPump experience, but every time I have seen an access violation like you describe it
has been because of calling an un-created object, or sometimes not creating it right.  I have caught myself
trying to do this:

var
  a : tobject;

a.create;

instead of

a := tobject.create;

hope this helps

brian

Post by ma.. » Mon, 22 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>>Has anyone gotten to data pump to work at all? I have tried with Access
>>7 to Paradox, Paradox to Interbase, Paradox to Oracle and alwais get the
>>following error message: Access violation at address 0046CE2E. Read of
>>address FFFFFFFF. I will not pay $75.00 to find out what the problem is.
>>All the databases use referencial integrety.

> Usually reason for getting '...address FFFFFFFF' is you haven't created
> object which properties/methods you're accessing. So check your code,
> are you sure have called MyObject := TObject.Create(...).

> - Ari

> All my opinions and comments are personal and have nothing to do
> with my employer.

Data Pump expert did not work with 520,000 paradox records to interbase.
Always hung after about 200,000 records.

--
Raymond Kennington

1. SQLXML 2.0 BulkLoad's IgnoreDuplicateKeys doesn't work

My database requires the insertion of about 30,000,000 rows a day from my
.Net web service. Because of the enormous resources it takes to search the
database to find out if the row already exists, I simply set the indexes to
ignore duplicates. I am currently using stored procedures and openxml to
insert the data but it is a very slow process.
The IgnoreDuplicateKeys feature of the SqlXmlBulkLoad component does not
work.
Has this feature been tested? Is anyone currently using it?

Chris
Vdn Interprises

2. DE commandtext

3. JDBC 2.0 functions doesn't work ??

4. WWW DB article archive of papers

5. OI 2.0, NT 4.0 - backup with unloaddb doesn't work

6. parameters from a form

7. ORACLE DOESN'T COMPLY TO BASIC STANDARD SQL: SIMPLE QUERIES DOESN'T WORK

8. Using SQLProcedureColumns & SQLBindParameter problems...any examples?

9. Scheduling DTS doesn't fail but doesn't work

10. Amir's data granularity method doesn't work

11. LookUp and Fill, Why Doesn't it work in Delphi(Like in DBDT)

12. Delphi+ODBC+BDE+SqlServer doesn't work

13. Can't get Interbase that came with Delphi Dev 2.0 to work