Urgent Help Needed - Jet VBA failed to initialize

Urgent Help Needed - Jet VBA failed to initialize

Post by D d » Tue, 23 Nov 1999 04:00:00

This is my first VB5 program that uses data controls.  However, on every
machine I have installed the program on I get the following error message:

The Jet VBA file (VBAJET.dll for 16-bit versions, or VBAJET32.dll for 32-bit
versions) failed to initialize when called. Try reinstalling the application
that returned the error.

I have tried reinstalling many time with no luck.  Any Ideas?

Thanks
Dan

Urgent Help Needed - Jet VBA failed to initialize

Post by Steve Barnet » Tue, 23 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Did you use the package and deployment wizard to create your install ?  The
Jet engine needs other files than these two DLL's. Are you sure you have
resolved all the dependencies?

Steve

Quote:> This is my first VB5 program that uses data controls.  However, on every
> machine I have installed the program on I get the following error message:

> The Jet VBA file (VBAJET.dll for 16-bit versions, or VBAJET32.dll for
32-bit
> versions) failed to initialize when called. Try reinstalling the
application
> that returned the error.

> I have tried reinstalling many time with no luck.  Any Ideas?

> Thanks
> Dan

Urgent Help Needed - Jet VBA failed to initialize

Post by William R Highfiel » Wed, 24 Nov 1999 04:00:00

posted to comp.lang.basic.visual.database:

Quote:>This is my first VB5 program that uses data controls.  However, on every
>machine I have installed the program on I get the following error message:

>The Jet VBA file (VBAJET.dll for 16-bit versions, or VBAJET32.dll for 32-bit
>versions) failed to initialize when called. Try reinstalling the application
>that returned the error.

>I have tried reinstalling many time with no luck.  Any Ideas?

>Thanks
>Dan

Dan

        If you have installed the MDAC on your development machine
then make sure that you are sending the expsrv.dll with your setup.

Urgent Help Needed - Jet VBA failed to initialize

Post by D d » Tue, 23 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Thanks for your help.  I was using the Applications Setup Wizard
packaged with VB5 and it was leaving out the expsrv.dll file.

Dan

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999 10:13:23 -0000, "Anthony Jones"

>Sounds like an expression service DLL issue.

>An older version of Jet ie 3.5 uses a file called vbar332.dll whereas later
>versions replaced this file with expsrv.dll.  However, the PDW uses doesn't
>seem to pick this up properly.

>I have had times when Jet wasn't properly updated by a PDW created setup
>yet expsrv.dll was installed (it even erroneously tried to register it)
>whilst vbar332.dll wasn't present.

>Check what version of Jet is being installed and then make sure the
>appropriate expression service dll is present.  Also if you are using PDW
>consider ditching it for a product that works like Wise.

Urgent Help Needed - Jet VBA failed to initialize

Post by Robert Smit » Wed, 24 Nov 1999 04:00:00

make sure you get *all* the VB6 version DAO libraries (even if you are still
using VB5!) or you may hit a cascading dll dep error even if you do now have
expsvr

the list (and the reason, which MS neglects to talk about) is at:

http://www.smithvoice.com/the.htm

-Robert

>Thanks for your help.  I was using the Applications Setup Wizard
>packaged with VB5 and it was leaving out the expsrv.dll file.

>Dan

1. Urgent Help!!! Jet VBA failed to initialize

This is my first VB5 program that uses data controls.  However, on
every machine I have installed the program on I get the following
error message:

The Jet VBA file (VBAJET.dll for 16-bit versions, or VBAJET32.dll for
32-bit versions) failed to initialize when called. Try reinstalling
the application that returned the error.

I have tried reinstalling many time with no luck.  Any Ideas?

Thanks
Dan

2. Upgrading SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0

3. Help!!!! Jet VBA failed to initialize

4. How to tune this sucker ??

5. Help!!! Jet VBA failed to initialize

6. READERS CHOICE AWARD 1999 - FLASH NEWS

7. 7.1.6 Optimizer bug?

8. Jet VBA file failed to initialize when called

9. 'Jet VBA Failed to initialize' error

10. Jet VBA file failed to initialize

11. Jet VBA failed to initialize when called

12. The Jet VBA failed to initialize...