Changing IDAPI.CFG programmatically, how?

Changing IDAPI.CFG programmatically, how?

Post by Michel van Heuve » Thu, 13 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone know how to alter IDAPI.CFG programmatically?

I'd like to offer the users of our progam an installation that will add a
Driver (ODBC) to the IDAPI.CFG. I don't think it's very friendly to ask
them to do it manually (through BDECFG).

If someone knows how to merge two CFG's into one, that would also do the
trick.

Thanks in advance.
Michel van Heuven

1. ALIAS IN idapi.cfg AND PDOXWORK.CFG

EVERYTIME I START TOOLS/BDE CONFIG I SEE VERY STRANGE ALIASES SUCH AS
ACCESS / ODBC DSN : ACCESS / OPEN MODE : BLANK
RS_BTRIEVE / ODBC DSN : RS_BTRIEVE / OPEN MODE : BLANK .
SO I DELETE ALIASES WHICH I NEVER MAKE AND FILE/SAVE.

BUT NEXT TIME I OPEN IT, I CAN SEE THEM AGAIN.

ALSO WHEN TRY TO SELECT TABLE1.DATABASENAME IN OBJECT INSPECTOR,
THERE IS ERROR MESSAGE " COULD NOT FIND OBJECT " .

PLS KINDLY ADVISE WHAT IS PROBLEM AND HOW CAN I FIX IT.

ALSO PLS ADV WHAT IS PDOXWORK.CFG .

I INSTALLED INFOPOWER FEW DAYS AGO AND LOOKS LIKE AFTER THAT TIME
 I EXPERIENCE THIS KIND OF PROBLEM BUT NOT SURE.

2. OLAP linked Server

3. Changing IDAPI.CFG does not affect Paradox Table behavior

4. Potential new OpenIngres/OpenROAD developer

5. Changing IDAPI.CFG from programm

6. Distribution Task - Account ??

7. Using an alternative idapi.cfg file

8. Keystroke recording

9. idapi.cfg

10. How to modify the IDAPI.CFG

11. Help! Multiple idapi.cfg files

12. URGENT Aliases ... idapi.cfg

13. Problems with Ingres and BDE configuration - idapi.cfg (1/1)