Announce: ReportRabbit II report sequencer

Announce: ReportRabbit II report sequencer

Post by Sundial Service » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Yes, this is a commercial announcement.  Yes, it will occur once.

news group.
---

Sundial Services announces general availability of ReportRabbit II, a
convenient table-driven "report sequencer" for all versions of Paradox
for Windows and Delphi.

        http://www.sundialservices.com/rrabbit.htm

This is a simple tool but a surprisingly useful one.  Surely you've
noticed how most real-world reports don't consist of just one SQL query
leading up to the answers you want.  Usually there are several steps,
one after another -- sort, index, create table, make primary key, run
totals, and so on, then the report.  Well, ReportRabbit provides a
simple way to do that with a sequence-table, telling the Rabbit what
steps to take.

Simple, effective, useful, 16/32-bit, FULL SOURCE CODE (Paradox &
Delphi) and ROYALTY FREE.  We've done all our reporting this way now for
many years.  (As I recall, there were something like 67 reports in one
app.  The customer couldn't believe how fast we could churn them out.)
;-)

Visit our store at:  http://www.sundialservices.com/shop

Quote:> Got Paradox/Delphi database headaches?  ChimneySweep{tm} can help, FAST!

Post by Markku Nevalaine » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Yes, this is a commercial announcement.  Yes, it will occur once.

No, it will not occur only once!!!

Sundial Services is known to _regularly_ spam and cross post their
advertizements to several newsgroups.
I am not able to stop them from doing this. I can only say I don't
like it, and hope someone else will stop them, if they do not do it
by themselves.

Markku Nevalainen

Post by Steve Gree » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Sundial Services is known to _regularly_ spam and cross post their
> advertizements to several newsgroups.

Sundial also puts a lot of effort into helping others on these forums..
many of us consider that a valid trade-off

--
Steve Green
Corel CTech - Paradox

http://www.diamondsg.com

Announce: ReportRabbit II report sequencer

Post by Markku Nevalaine » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Sundial also puts a lot of effort into helping others on these forums..
> many of us consider that a valid trade-off

As soon as I can find some Usenet documentation about this kind of trade
agreements, I'm ready to re-think my opinion.

"Usenet, introduction" and "Advertizing on newsgroups"
http://www.netannounce.org/news.announce.newusers/
http://www.netannounce.org/news.announce.newusers/archive/usenet/adve...

From the current netiquette I'm not able to find any chances, that anyone
could get a permission to advertize on newsgroups. The rules are quite
simple: "Do not use Usenet as an advertising medium."

If you take the time to read the link contents, you'll find that it's not also
possible to make any kind of "one company only" exceptions. If something is
allowed for one company, then it's also allowed for anyone. That's why it's
better to stop this kind of behaviour right away, without exceptions.

There is a newsgroup where everyone can advertize their Delphi-stuff as much

to stay updated about Sundial Service's new releases, better learn visiting
there regularly.

It's a pity that this kind of alarm had to be rised, and already third time
this year with Sundial Services. I have seen Sundial posting their valuable
material to newsgroups. And seeing that, it makes me wonder even more,
why is this company, those guys, still also spamming.

Markku Nevalainen

Announce: ReportRabbit II report sequencer

Post by rick » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

i, for one, say keep it up Sundial.  i find the postings from Sundial
Services to be quite valuable and add-ins such as ReportRabbit can save some
of us alot of time.

it's real simple actually.  if you don't want to read it, then don't read
it.  there's no need to censor it from the rest of us.

Rick Atkinson

>From the current netiquette I'm not able to find any chances, that anyone
>could get a permission to advertize on newsgroups. The rules are quite
>simple: "Do not use Usenet as an advertising medium."

>If you take the time to read the link contents, you'll find that it's not
also
>possible to make any kind of "one company only" exceptions. If something is
>allowed for one company, then it's also allowed for anyone. That's why it's
>better to stop this kind of behaviour right away, without exceptions.

>There is a newsgroup where everyone can advertize their Delphi-stuff as
much

>to stay updated about Sundial Service's new releases, better learn visiting
>there regularly.

>It's a pity that this kind of alarm had to be rised, and already third time
>this year with Sundial Services. I have seen Sundial posting their valuable
>material to newsgroups. And seeing that, it makes me wonder even more,
>why is this company, those guys, still also spamming.

>Markku Nevalainen

Announce: ReportRabbit II report sequencer

Post by Zoralli » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

It would probably be less offensive for EVERYONE, if such adverts were
appended
ONLY valid RESPONSE postings to the newgroup. That way, if the advertiser
were
making a valuable contribution, as many of us know Sundial have done, then
we might
even look further down the posting to see what the're advertising rather
than just flaming
them.....

Footnote: I ***HATE*** adverts in usenet, but there has to be a happy middle
ground
for the sake of the "Sundials" out there (and there are a few companies in
that group.)

Announce: ReportRabbit II report sequencer

Post by Markku Nevalaine » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> i, for one, say keep it up Sundial.  i find the postings from Sundial
> Services to be quite valuable and add-ins such as ReportRabbit can save some
> of us alot of time.

There are tens of free and commercial components and utilities that have saved
my development time, worth several manyears.

When counting all the other Delphi users and developers, there are several
hundred suppliers, who have tens of thousands satisfied customers. Many of
them are quite grateful, they feel they have got compensation for their
money.

If we make Sundial Services some kind of precedent, then we should, and must
give the same permissions to all the other vendors too. Every vendor, who
can show having some satisfied customers, can cross post to all the Delphi
newsgroups.
After this, there will be no more spam messages on these newsgroups. Everything
will be allowed, as long as there is keyword "Delphi" somewhere.

Yet, before we go there, I think we need some discussions about this.

I'm not willing to give Sundial Services _any_ permission to advertize in
the usual, non-advertize newsgroups, no matter how good tips they will post here
for free.

Markku Nevalainen

Post by Scot » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>> Yes, this is a commercial announcement.  Yes, it will occur once.
>No, it will not occur only once!!!
>Sundial Services is known to _regularly_ spam and cross post their
>advertizements to several newsgroups.

What, like this pointless complaint you mean?

Quote:>I am not able to stop them from doing this. I can only say I don't
>like it, and hope someone else will stop them, if they do not do it
>by themselves.

At least they are offering something useful and related to the newsgroups
that they post in.  Chill out man.

Regards,
Scott

1. Shareware announce: Paradox Report Sequencer (56K, $15)

A shareware version of the Paradox Report Sequencer{tm} is available at:

        ftp.primenet.com /users/s/sundial/reptseq.zip   (size: 56K)

The shareware version does not include source-code but it does include on-line
help and demonstration programs.  Registered users ($15 US) receive full
source code and the right to use and distribute the product in their
applications.  Complete(!) details are in the on-line help ... thankYEW,
ForeHelp!  :-)

The Report Sequencer allows you to define the steps leading up to a report,
including running queries, creating tables and indexes, performing sorts, and
so on, in a table, rather than writing an objectPal script for each report you
need to run or creating a laborious set of directions for your users to try
and follow.  Some of our sequence-tables contain 2,300 rows in them and the
alternative is difficult to contemplate.

This is my contribution back to the Paradox community, in the form of a piece
of software we have refined and used in our commercial applications for more
than two years.  I hope you enjoy it.  (Distributors of shareware collections
should please contact obtain permission first.)

-Mike Robinson; Sundial Services, Scottsdale AZ  (602) 946-8259; fax 874-2068

2. DBA Needed-New York

3. TechTips: Practical reporting strategies (with ReportRabbit)

4. Storing VB Objects

5. Query Analyzer costs well beyond 1000%

6. PXWin report sequencer available ($)

7. Sel-restore (Sequoia)... speed

8. Report sequencer available ($)

9. Paradox Report Sequencer ($) shareware on the net!

10. Ingres II 2.0 Report Writer Problem

11. ANNOUNCE: qtime-1.0 Time Tracking/Reporting Software