Urgent : VB6 ADO Connecting to SQL 6.5

Post by Ian Wriggleswort » Sun, 17 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

Could anyone please help with the following problem?

I've created an application which uses VB6 (sp1) and ADO to connect to SQL
6.5 (sp4) on NT4 (sp4). Everything works on the development box with the app
connecting to the SQL Server and retrieving recordsets.

I then re-created the database on the Live server which is NT4(sp4) and SQL
6.5(sp4) and moved the test data across. If I then change the server
reference to the Live box which is on a different domain the program seems
to connect as I don't get any connection errors, but when retrieving the
first recordset gives the error 'Invalid Object 'KEY_REASONS' (which is one
of my SQL 6.5 tables).

I can connect to the Live server via ISQL so It's not anything to do with
the link.

Yesterday I went to the Live domain and installed the software on a users
machine for user acceptance testing and exactly the same thing happened. In
the end I pointed the user back to the Test server which worked fine even
though it's on a different domain.

Even though both the boxes seem to have the same software on them the live
server (which was built by a different dept) seems to have something
missing.

Does anyone know if any particular services are required for ADO to connect
to NT4/SQL6.5?  We do have some existing apps which use ODBC and we don't
seem to have any problems it's just ADO onto the Live box.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Ian.

1. vb6 ado sql 6.5 trusted connect fails

By using SQLOLEDB as the provider in my connection string, I am able to use
Standard Security.  However, despite the fact that my development box has a
trusted connection with the SQL Server, I cannot login trusted.  I
consistently get the error message, "Not associated with a trusted
connection"  I have tested my trusted connection status via an ISQL window
and indeed I can connect as trusted, but my VB app cannot.    Here is the
connection string I have been using:

Provider=SQLOLEDB;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security
Info=true;database=DatabaseName; User ID=; password=; server=ServerName;"

Thanks
AW

2. CSS & XML

3. ado vb6 sql 6.5 trusted connect failure

4. US-LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE US-ORACLE DBA'S, PROGRAMMERS WITH DESIGNER OR DEVELOPER 2000 OR WEB SKILLS & MANAGERS WANTED-RELOCATION AVAILABLE

5. Getting VB6 to connect to SQL Server 6.5 via TCP/IP

6. PDOXWIN: TABLE BASED MENU

7. VB6/ADO/SQL Server 6.5 problem with DISTINCT?

8. problems to update prodox tables in dao360.dll

9. vb6 ado trusted connection to sql 6.5

10. ADO 2, OLE-DB for ODBC, SQL 6.5, VB6: Performance Issues

11. SQL Server 6.5 & VB6 ADO

12. Problem usind ADO VB6 x SQL 6.5

13. sql 6.5 ado using vb6 trusted connection failure