Compatibility Layer for VB 3.0 -> Access 2.0

Compatibility Layer for VB 3.0 -> Access 2.0

Post by Jack Hiddi » Tue, 21 Feb 1995 01:50:34

Hello,

I am a programmer in Visual Basic 3.0 and i use the Access 2.0 Database
engine. But therefore i had to use a compatibility layer for Access 2.0
databases for VB. The problem is that this compatibility layer doesn't work
with Crystal Reports. Crystal doesn't recognize the Access 2.0 database
and the with the compatibility layer included installation program (for DOS)
for Crystal Reports only, hangs while he is searching some DLL and EXE files.

Who knows what i am do wrong.

Greeting Jack Hidding

Compatibility Layer for VB 3.0 -> Access 2.0

Post by Jamie Rubi » Thu, 23 Feb 1995 05:29:11

Actually, the Crystal Reports compatibility layer comes with the Jet
2.0 compatibility layer but is not automatically installed.  To
install it, you need to run crwacc20.exe (I think?) and this updates
the .DLL files, etc.  The ACC2COMP.TXT says that this file needs to be
executed from DOS or a DOS shell.

-Jamie Rubin

Post by Chuck Stua » Wed, 22 Feb 1995 18:05:26

>Subject: Compatibility Layer for VB 3.0 -> Access 2.0
>Date: Sun, 19 Feb 1995 16:50:34 GMT
>Hello,
>I am a programmer in Visual Basic 3.0 and i use the Access 2.0 Database
>engine. But therefore i had to use a compatibility layer for Access 2.0
>databases for VB. The problem is that this compatibility layer doesn't work
>with Crystal Reports. Crystal doesn't recognize the Access 2.0 database
>and the with the compatibility layer included installation program (for DOS)
>for Crystal Reports only, hangs while he is searching some DLL and EXE files.
>Who knows what i am do wrong.

Hi Jack
I believe CR has their own version of the compatibility layer. Contact them.

Chuck Stuart - Mesquite TX USA
VBTrace 2.00 is a runtime Procedure Trace/XReference/Debug/Profiler and
much more tool for VB and is now in beta. Download beta version 2.00.10
from ftp.apexsc.com/pub/cgvb/visitor.

Post by Adrian H » Sun, 26 Feb 1995 07:22:17

>Hello,

>I am a programmer in Visual Basic 3.0 and i use the Access 2.0 Database
>engine. But therefore i had to use a compatibility layer for Access 2.0
>databases for VB. The problem is that this compatibility layer doesn't work
>with Crystal Reports. Crystal doesn't recognize the Access 2.0 database
>and the with the compatibility layer included installation program (for DOS)
>for Crystal Reports only, hangs while he is searching some DLL and EXE files.

>Who knows what i am do wrong.

>Greeting Jack Hidding

Jack,

When you installed the compatibality layer, you may have noticed that a patch
was also shipped in the same zip packet for Crystal Reports. I think you will
find if you copy those packets into place you will have access to Crystal with
Access 2.0 files. I received a compatibality layer for the latest of Crystal Reports
Pro. You should think about switching to it, it sure gets rid of many of the
memory hogging bug habbits of the Crystal thats shipped with VB Pro.

Regards

Adrian Hum
Tessaract Productions.

Post by Gerald McMullo » Thu, 02 Mar 1995 20:54:35

> Hello,

:> I am a programmer in Visual Basic 3.0 and i use the Access 2.0 Database
:> engine. But therefore i had to use a compatibility layer for Access 2.0
:> databases for VB. The problem is that this compatibility layer doesn't work
:> with Crystal Reports. Crystal doesn't recognize the Access 2.0 database
:> and the with the compatibility layer included installation program (for DOS)
:> for Crystal Reports only, hangs while he is searching some DLL and EXE files.
:>
:> Who knows what i am do wrong.
:>
:> Greeting Jack Hidding

There is a readme file explaining how to install the compatibility
layer for Crystal Report and how to change INI files.

Gerald McMullon Cambridge GBR

1. Compatibility Layer for VB 3.0 -> Access 2.0

Hello,

I am a programmer in Visual Basic 3.0 and i use the Access 2.0 Database
engine. But therefore i had to use a compatibility layer for Access 2.0
databases for VB. The problem is that this compatibility layer doesn't work
with Crystal Reports. Crystal doesn't recognize the Access 2.0 database
and the with the compatibility layer included installation program (for DOS)
for Crystal Reports only, hangs while he is searching some DLL and EXE files.

Who knows what i am doing wrong.

Greeting Jack Hidding

2. seek with composite index

3. Where can I get the VB 3.0/Access 2.0 compatibility layer

4. ODBC System DSNs not visible on workstation

5. Install Access 2.0 Cmpt Layer w/o Access 2.0 for VB 3.0

6. calling stored procedures remotely

7. Accessing Access 2.0 database with VB3, ODBC 2.0 and Microsotf Jet Engine Compatibility Layer

8. PERL/DBI: Finding view creation info

9. Help for VB to Access 2.0 compatibility layer.

10. Can't Install 2.0 compatibility layer without Access 2.0

11. Microsoft Jet 2.0/Visual Basic 3.0 Compatibility Layer

12. Problem with VB 3.0 and Access 2.0 compatibility

13. VB 3.0 & Access 2.0 Compatibility