Database in Network - please Help

Post by Hublebu » Sun, 06 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi, I need to know what happens if I use the Database-Objects of VB5 with an
Database existing on another Computer in the LAN. Maybe I say the
DatabaseName is F:\Database\Data.mdb and F: is a drive in the Network. Is
the whole Database copied to the Client or only the data selected with
Recordset or SQL Query (in Dynaset, Snapshot or Table?). What happens if I
change a row in the Database? Its getting updatet with copying the whole
Database back to the LAN-Computer(Server)?

Please give me answers,

Thanks

PS. In german would be great!