pure java jdbc drivers?

Post by Steve Qui » Wed, 10 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
Can anyone tell me whether or not there are any pure java (type 4?)
jdbc drivers which I would be able to use on a linux box?  Specifically,
I'm looking for an Informix JDBC driver right now, but I would like
to eventually get drivers for Oracle and Informix also.  I want to develop
some clients for an Informix database using java now, and would eventually
like to develop some database independent clients.

My understanding of the way this all works (I'm new to java, so I may be
incorrect) is that, if I find a pure java jdbc driver, I would be able to
use it on any platform: linux, other unices, various windows platforms, etc.

Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

--
Steve Quinn
NCSA at University of Illinois

(217) 244-7570

pure java jdbc drivers?

Post by Markus Schlege » Thu, 11 Dec 1997 04:00:00

hi
You can find the "Oracle Thin"-Driver in the Download area of www.oracle.com.
Look at the Informix-Homepage too, perhaps there is a driver.

> My understanding of the way this all works (I'm new to java, so I may be
> incorrect) is that, if I find a pure java jdbc driver, I would be able to
> use it on any platform: linux, other unices, various windows platforms, etc.

Yes, you are right, if there is a Java-VM.  --^

pure java jdbc drivers?

Post by Manabu Shimohir » Sun, 14 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> hi
> You can find the "Oracle Thin"-Driver in the Download area of www.oracle.com.
> Look at the Informix-Homepage too, perhaps there is a driver.

Also, you can find JDBC driver for Sybase in www.sybase.com.
It's name is jConnect for JDBC and it's 100% pure Java.

> > My understanding of the way this all works (I'm new to java, so I may be
> > incorrect) is that, if I find a pure java jdbc driver, I would be able to
> > use it on any platform: linux, other unices, various windows platforms, etc.

> Yes, you are right, if there is a Java-VM.  --^

--

1. 100% Pure Java JDBC Driver for SOLID Server

Solid Information Technology has been awarded 100% Pure Java
Certification for its JDBC driver. SOLID JDBC Driver has been
tested excessively since June; the general availability date
is October 1, 1997.

SOLID JDBC Driver is a native protocol all Java driver
(type 4) that enables connections to SOLID Server without
third party or platform dependent middle ware. The driver has
been praised for its performance and compactness - 47 kB in
size, the driver is fast to download dynamically and suitable
for true internet applications.

Find out more about SOLID JDBC Driver at:
http://www.solidtech.com/market/products/jdbc/index.htm
 and more about SOLID Server at:
http://www.solidtech.com

Solid Information Technology Ltd

Iko Rein

---------------------------------
Iko Rein
Solid Information Technology LTD
http://www.solidtech.com

2. Trusted Connection via DMO

3. InterClient 1.5 beta pure-Java JDBC driver

4. Labels from a Database

5. 100% pure Java JDBC driver for DBase files

6. Report Menu

7. 100% Pure Java JDBC Driver for SOLID Server

8. Extracting FM Schema Info

9. Looking for PURE JAVA DB with JDBC driver

10. Free JDBC pure Java driver???

11. DB2 Connect 7.x and JDBC Type 4 Driver (pure java) for Sun Solaris

12. any Type 4 (pure JAVA) JDBC driver for MS SQL?

13. Liberty JDBC achieves 100% Pure Java Certification