Crystal report Sum

Post by Simon Chan S. H » Sat, 09 May 1998 04:00:00

hi  all,
Could I able to total sum a formula field?
I am trying to sum two or more group of items amount?
using the Sum and count function?

thanks in advance

Crystal report Sum

Post by Eric Lync » Sat, 09 May 1998 04:00:00

Simon,

What you need is a running total. To do this, you'll need to create a
variable and increment it in the Detail section and finally display it in
the group/page footer. Look in the manual under 'Running Totals.'

Eric *

Quote:> hi  all,
> Could I able to total sum a formula field?
> I am trying to sum two or more group of items amount?
> using the Sum and count function?

> thanks in advance

Crystal report Sum

Post by Simon Cha » Mon, 11 May 1998 04:00:00

>Simon,

>What you need is a running total. To do this, you'll need to create a
>variable and increment it in the Detail section and finally display it in
>the group/page footer. Look in the manual under 'Running Totals.'

>Eric *

>> hi  all,
>> Could I able to total sum a formula field?
>> I am trying to sum two or more group of items amount?
>> using the Sum and count function?

>> thanks in advance

Eric,

how to total up a main item which is a header group?
and bring this value to header group 1

# header group 1            Main category (master file)                total
amount of #header 2  ######.##
#header group  2       ......Main code item (master file)  .........also had
a   amount ####.##
    detail ..........                                subitems (detailfile).

apparently, I experienced a total result which multiple by the existing
number of detail subitems.

e.g.    if header grp 2   amount is  1000.00
             I just sum up  #header grp 2 master code item     : 1000.00
             and put it to header group 1.....I had a result of    3000.00
which
            i suspected  that it had multilpy by number of subitems which
happen to be 3 .

thanks in advance

1. Crystal Reports: Creating a carry sum

Hi,

i have a problem with Crystal Reports (came with VB 4.0):

I want my report to create a bill distributed on several pages, and I need a
carry sum on the bottom of the page.

(right word ? I mean a sum of a specified field, but not over all pages
but over the pages shown yet. On Page 3, there should be the sum of the values of
the last 3 Pages, on Page 4 the sum of the last 4 Pages etc.)

I tried Sum({Field}, PageNumber), doesn't work.
I tried WhileReadingRocords; Sum({Field}), doesn't work.
I tried to sum it up myself, which ends in a recursive formula -> doesn't work.

Field is a formula field itself.
I don't believe that this is not possible !

Please help me ...

Markus

2. query grant

3. Crystal reports group, sum

4. help for SQL error

5. help: Crystal Reports with Variables and Sums

6. Oracle server behind firewall - can't create Net Service Name

7. Editing Crystal reports without Crystal Reports

8. FoxPro Report->usable formatted text?

9. Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

10. Announcement: Easily integrate Crystal Reports with Remedy with UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports

11. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)

12. REports and sub-reports in Crystal Reports

13. Southern CA, Crystal Reports/Crystal Info expert needed, consultant