VB/Foxpro SQL whats the.... Steve Mechler

VB/Foxpro SQL whats the.... Steve Mechler

Post by Matt Whal » Wed, 02 Aug 1995 04:00:00

8/1/95

Hi guys!!

        Use the Like inside of the Instr() it is optimized to use an index.
Look at VBPJ May or June 95 has a Help tip on the subject.  Also VBPJ July 95
has 43 tips to improve DAO (data access) speed.

Let me know what happens I'm here to help.

Best of Luck,

"Grand adventure awaits those that are willing to turn the corner"

1. Foxpro/Foxbase : Whats the DIFF?

I'm looking for a DBMS tool for my Mac.  I want to develop a
prototype for a system I've been thinking of.

I want to be able to design windows, which have goodies like
scrollable sub windows, buttons, pop-up menus etc. ,
plus,
the ability to manage data, that's why I don't like hypercard.
plus
the ability to write scripts for calculations, etc..
Scripting is important, thats why I don't like filemaker.

I've seen the word Foxbase in my mac magazine, but I thought the
dmbs tool was called Foxpro?  My knowledge is limited (obviously).
I used dbaseIII and clipper about 5-6 years ago.  Can you clarify
this for me?

A client server architecture would be nice.  Do these dbms tools
support this concept?  If not, any suggestions.  I want to avoid
using c and xwindows.  That is too technical for me.

I appreciate your expert advice.

thanx,

david

2. RPC with inputbuffer...

3. Whats the Best Database/Backend for VB????

4. ANSI_NULLS behavior

5. ODBC and VB, whats this then?

6. Database in Unix

7. GA-Decatur-268415--FOXPRO-Visual Basic-Client/Server-Programmer-Foxpro/VB

8. Whats the best way to move a SQL 7 database to SQL 2000 on another server

9. VB 6.0 - Visual FoxPro 6.0 Tables and VB

10. how to speed up SQL queries using VB\foxpro

11. VB/Foxpro SQL difference?

12. Wildcards in VB SQL -> FoxPro