RTF-text in an Acces-database

Post by News VD » Tue, 31 Oct 2000 04:25:02

I want to store RTF-text in an acces- database.
When I store the text in a memo field, I loose all the formatting when I
recall the text.
How can I prevent this?

RTF-text in an Acces-database

Post by Steve Barnet » Tue, 31 Oct 2000 06:30:44

Are you storing the "text" property of the RTF control or the "RTFtext"
property? Suspect you're saving the wrong one. If you're sure you're saving
the correct data, post the code.

Steve

Quote:> I want to store RTF-text in an acces- database.
> When I store the text in a memo field, I loose all the formatting when I
> recall the text.
> How can I prevent this?

1. RTF text in Database

Hi All,

   I am working on a application which stores my mails in a
database. The message text will be in rtf format.

   One of the fields of Record in database is the message text. Now if I have
to do a Full Text search on this field to identify the messages containing
some words say "thank you" how could I do this?? Since text is rtf "thank"
can be in one font and "you" could be in another font. So plain text search
is not assured to get me all messages.

  All I could think of is to have another field in the record which stores
the message as unformatted text and to search in this field.

  Can anyone give me better alternative??

Thanks in advance,
Malashree

 Aditi Corp was formerly known as NetQuest Inc.

2. What is going on with sp_statistics?

3. Looking for HyperModel or OO1 source, pref in Lisp or Scheme

4. Database beginner - Displaying rtf text

5. Teradata ODBC calls require DBC authority?

6. Write RTF-Text into a Text-Column with ADO-Connection

7. SQL Sever 2000 Service Pack 2

8. Programming an Interbase Filter to decode RTF Text to ASCII Plain text

9. problem with exclusive acces to an Acces database

10. RTF blob to RTF on the fly conversion?

11. RTF Question: RTF Source

12. Writing reports with RTF input from text field