Master-Detail=ok / Table=not ok !?

Post by g.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Anybody,

I've managed to create several tables which work together in my
Datamodule in a Master-Detail scheme. This seems to work fine, however
when I try to open a single table to see all records it gives me
garbage.

(Tables are created in Paradox and I am using Delphi 3.)

A TUtil repair/reindex/pack doesn't work. Has anyone seen these
symptoms before or can anybody tell me what to do with this?

Thanx, Marco.

1. Enterprise Mgr: Events ok, Jobs not ok

does anyone know what can be wrong if Enterprise Mgr works fine with
events and notifications and it doesn't work with jobs.

I use Aix 4.2 , Oracle 7.3.2.3.0 and Oracle Ent. Mgr. 1.2.2 with
SQL*Net 2.3 (as required!).

Must I setup something on Unix level to be able to start jobs there?
dbsnmp processes start o.k. in my trace file I see msgs like:

start part of trace file ------------------------------------------
initialized job status queue
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(KEY=SNMP_ADDRESS_FOR_ORACLE_SUBAGENT))
KEY = SNMP_ADDRESS_FOR_ORACLE_SUBAGENT
opening transport...
transport is open
global context check-in (to slot 0) complete
cmd=2, lcl=0x2
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(COMMUNITY=TCP.world)(PROTOCOL=TCP)(Host=ibm2)(Port=1527))
)
port resolved to 1527
looking up IP addr for host: ibm2
opening transport...
No PROTOCOL.ORA file is found
Validnode Table IN use; err 0x0
getting sockname
transport is open
global context check-in (to slot 0) complete
Setting connection into non-blocking mode
cmd=2, lcl=0x2
initialized connection cache.
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(COMMUNITY=TCP.world)(PROTOCOL=TCP)(Host=ibm2)(Port=1528))
)
port resolved to 1528
looking up IP addr for host: ibm2
opening transport...
getting sockname
transport is open
global context check-in (to slot 1) complete
Setting connection into non-blocking mode
cmd=2, lcl=0x2
initialized auxiliary address.
initing user file
testing for file /prog/app/oracle/product/7.3.2/network/agent/user.q
opening user file
0 users found
checking for event reg file
/prog/app/oracle/product/7.3.2/network/agent/ereg.q
opening /prog/app/oracle/product/7.3.2/network/agent/ereg.q, since it
already exists
opening job queue
checking for file /prog/app/oracle/product/7.3.2/network/agent/job.q
opening /prog/app/oracle/product/7.3.2/network/agent/job.q, since it
already exists
opening transport...
getting sockname
waiting to accept a connection.
-<ERROR>- unable to open transport
end part of trace file ------------------------------------------

I think on port 1528 my dbsnmp spawning process is listening, this is
set in snmp.ora but what does unable to open transport mean?
All the initialising prior to these messages went ok.
What's in a protocol.ora file? Do i need it here?
Do I need the rshd daemon running on the RS6000?

2. Group By's

3. ODBC Excel OK, SQL link not ok...?

4. VB6 info - Source

5. BUFFERS setting

6. Ok, ok, I admit it...log file help

7. Memory

8. OK - PICK PA's NEEDED - OK

9. Sync in replication says it's ok but the two tables are not the same

10. Describe on database linked Table ok, but it did not work with synonym

11. ODBC connection ok, User tables Not Displayed

12. problem restoring, tables OK, stored procedures not running