ADO 2.5 bugs(?) and ADOX 2.5

Post by Ertugrul Uysa » Tue, 04 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi everybody,
My application (VB 6.0 SP3, Access 2000, ADO 2.1 SP2) was working great. I
upgraded to ADO 2.5. Now I get error messages with some fields: I used field
names like rstMyTable!MYFIELD and with ADO 2.5 this doesn't work for two
fields now. I changed them to rstMyTable.Fields("MYFIELD").Value and it
works again.
Do I have to re-test every bit of my application to find which field names
work, or does anybody know anything about it? Also the VB editor displays
those two field names with small letters: rstMyTable!MYFIELD is displayed as
rstMyTable!Myfield.
In addition to this I can not find ADOX 2.5 references to add to my VB
project. Does anyone know where is it?

Ertugrul Uysal

ADO 2.5 bugs(?) and ADOX 2.5

Post by Tom Gilme » Tue, 04 Jul 2000 04:00:00

The answer to the ADOX question is a little bizarre. On my system, the only
reference for ADOX is Microsoft ADO Ext.2.1 for DDL and Security. If I
select that, exit the References and then go back in, it reads: ADOX is
Microsoft ADO Ext.2.5 for DDL and Security. Interesting.

 - Tom

> Hi everybody,
> My application (VB 6.0 SP3, Access 2000, ADO 2.1 SP2) was working great. I
> upgraded to ADO 2.5. Now I get error messages with some fields: I used
field
> names like rstMyTable!MYFIELD and with ADO 2.5 this doesn't work for two
> fields now. I changed them to rstMyTable.Fields("MYFIELD").Value and it
> works again.
> Do I have to re-test every bit of my application to find which field names
> work, or does anybody know anything about it? Also the VB editor displays
> those two field names with small letters: rstMyTable!MYFIELD is displayed
as
> rstMyTable!Myfield.
> In addition to this I can not find ADOX 2.5 references to add to my VB
> project. Does anyone know where is it?
> Thanks,

> --
> Ertugrul Uysal

1. Where is MDAC 2.5 SDK (ADO 2.5)

Does anyone know where to download MDAC SDK 2.5.  I am in particular looking
for ADO 2.5 for a database application I am building.  I have checked for
hours at the Microsoft and MSDN sights.  The closest thing I can find is the
PSDK which sets up different SDKs from Microsoft.  I could not locate MDAC
within this PSDK.  I am using Windows 98 2nd edition.

Thank you.

2. Help needed with DESCRIBE command (ESQL/C)

3. ADO 2.5 (MDAC 2.5) WHERE is it???

4. Data Shaping

5. adUseServer bug in Ado 2.5????

6. File Locking, SHARE.EXE an Windows 95

7. ADO 2.5/JET 4 AutoNumber Field Bug?

8. ado 2.5

9. bug in Save as XML (all ADO 2.x Versions incl 2.5)

10. ADO 2.5 calling SQL 2000 -- possible bug

11. ADO 2.5 Error or Bug??

12. Is this another bug in ADO (2.5) ?

13. ADO 2.5 Filter Bug acknowledged by Microsoft