'Data Storage'

Post by DryIc » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Who ever reads this out there.....

I'm looking for a easy way to store information to a file....
things like:    UserName
                    Password
                    Full Name
                    Supervisor Status etc....

do you have any suggestions???
plz email me...thanks

DryIce

'Data Storage'

Post by Steven Higga » Sun, 06 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Do you want to store it in a Access database - if so crate the tables in
the DB and refrence a DataSource in VB to that table.

dump the text boxes onto a form and make the following controls -
cmdNext - Goes to the next record
cmdPrev - Goes to previous record
cmdSaveNew - Saves the Current record and makes a new one

- Heres the code for it Note that the Datasource is called
dsThisIsTheDatasource (This Points to the Database) and the record
source is calld rsThisIsTheRecordsource (This points to the Table where
you are storing the data)

Private Sub cmdNext_Click()
    dsThisIsTheDatasource.rsThisIsTheRecordsource.MoveNext
End Sub

Private Sub cmdPrev_Click()
    dsThisIsTheDatasource.rsThisIsTheRecordsource.MovePrevious

Private Sub cmdT3SaveNew_Click
    'Save the Record
    dsThisIsTheDatasource.rsThisIsTheRecordsource.Save
    dsThisIsTheDatasource.rsThisIsTheRecordsource.AddNew

However if you want to use a flat file (Text File) as a record source
There is a Tuturial called "Interacting with Data in an ASCII Text File"
- Search "Interacting with Data" in the MSDN Libary Visual Studio and
this will come up It will guide you step by step through accessing data
in a Text File

Hope It Helps

smorf

> Who ever reads this out there.....

> I'm looking for a easy way to store information to a file....
> things like:    UserName
>                     Password
>                     Full Name
>                     Supervisor Status etc....

> do you have any suggestions???
> plz email me...thanks

> DryIce

1. Oracle in mirror'd or RAID'd storage arrays (SUN)

Hi,

I have a client using 7.2.3 on Sun/Solaris. They use a Sparc Storage Array
with a logical volume manager (Veritas, I think). The machine is a multi-cpu
SparcServer, with lots of memory. It runs extremely slowly - and appears to
be killed by any user running a simple insert/update. Query performance is
fine. Any writing to the database saturates the i/o system completely, with the
rollback tablespace file  getting a hammering. I have no way of monitoring redo logs,
but suspect that they might also be a problem.

Does anyone know what causes this sort of problem - I have seen notes saying not
to put redo logs on a storage array (or mirrored/RAID'ed storage) - but thats all
I've got.

Nigel Corbin

---
Nigel Corbin                            |       GeoQuest Data Management
                                        |       Schlumberger House
phone:  +44(0)1293 556517               |       Buckingham Gate
fax  :  +44(0)1293 556599               |       Gatwick Airport

                                        |       England

2. Gather Logs

4. Importing Microsoft Access database.

5. why i can browse cube's data and dimension's data

6. Replication question

7. Secure storage of Web user's passwords in a database

8. Very Important.....about RAID

9. Sybase 10.0.2 and Sun's Storage Arrays

10. XP's in Custom Storage Procedure

11. Experiences with Informix's OnBar and Storage Managers

12. LOB's, storage space and deleting records