Crystal Reports 4.5 ... Help Access Security

Crystal Reports 4.5 ... Help Access Security

Post by Geoff Parki » Fri, 04 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I am trying to construct a report from an Access 2.0 database which has
security features applied to it.
When I attempt to create a new report in Crystal 4.5 prof the message :

        No permission for "tableName"

appears for each table in the database.

There seems no solution to this problem (ie no way of logging into the
database with the USER ID and Password) before constructing the report.

Can anyone out there help me with this problem ?

Thanks in anticipation
--
Geoff Parkin

Turnpike evaluation. For information, see http://www.turnpike.com/

Crystal Reports 4.5 ... Help Access Security

Post by Kent G. Klingle » Thu, 10 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I am trying to construct a report from an Access 2.0 database which has
> security features applied to it.
> When I attempt to create a new report in Crystal 4.5 prof the message :

>         No permission for "tableName"

> appears for each table in the database.

> There seems no solution to this problem (ie no way of logging into the
> database with the USER ID and Password) before constructing the report.

Ran into the same problem.  If you talk to Seagate (Crystal) they will
tell you, as you have confirmed, that CR 4.x does not use Access x.x
data via DAO if the database is secure.  The only work around is to
connect to the data base via an ODBC driver for Access.
Programmatically place the User ID and Password in the ODBC Connect
string.

FYI Seagate swears that CR 5.0 does DAO connects to secure Access
databases.  I purchased the upgrade and if it does it's not straight
forward, ie. received a lot of errors when connecting.

Your fun has just begun.

1. FS: Crystal Reports Pro 4.5, Standard 4.5

For Sale Crystal Reports Professional 4.5 (new, complete package) $60
For Sale Crytal Reports Standard 4.5 (new, complete package)      $25

Ron Blizzard
Mill Town Computer Services

2. Backing up a database

3. Help with Crystal Reports 4.5 VCL

4. Informix Online Optical

5. Bound Reports Crystal Reports 4.5 Pro

6. triggers

7. Crystal Report 4.5

8. Crystal Reports 4.5

9. Crystal Reports 4.5 & Delphi 3

10. Percent of Total in Crystal 4.5 Cross Tab Report

11. Crystal Reports 4.5 printing prob.

12. Forms 4.5 & Crystal Reports API