Is there an ADO ODBC DLL for Oracle 9i Lite database?
- The Microsoft OLEDB Provider for ODBC + a ODBC driver for Oracle9
- The Microsoft OLEDB Provider for Oracle (not sure it it works)
- The Oracle OLEDB Provider (from Oracle, not sure it it exists; there is
one for Oracle8)
Carlos J. Quintero
MZ-Tools 2.0 freeware 'all-in-one' Add-In for VB6: Task List, Line
Numbering, TabIndex Assistant, Procedure Callers, Find and Replace in All
Projects, Close Windows, Review TabIndex and Collections, Add Procedure, Add
Error Handler, Add Procedure or Module Header, Clear Immediate Window,
Statistics, Copy/Paste/Rename/Remove controls with code, Default Controls
Properties and more:
Quote:> Is there an ADO ODBC DLL for Oracle 9i Lite database?
> Thank you.
I have installed Enterprise Edition
1) Oracle 9i Database under c:\software\oracle9i
(everything works fine, I can access all features
2) Oracle 9i Developer Suite e:\oracle9iDS
On the Oracle9i Developer Suite I click on Forms Developer
and then on Forms Builder -> Tools --> Data Block Wizard
--> Table View --> Click on Browse. This pops up window with
User Name, Password, Database. I enter the correct values
but get the error.
ERROR: ORA-12514: TNS:listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME
given in connect descriptor.
Are two installation different ? Should there be new listener
thanks - bill