Help: Problem reading Access 2.0 mdb from VB3 under Win95/Access 7.0

Help: Problem reading Access 2.0 mdb from VB3 under Win95/Access 7.0

Post by Michael W. Saba » Thu, 04 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I supporting a VB3 application which reads an Access v2.0 mdb for setup
information  using a data control. Under DOS/Win v3.x and Win95 with Access v
2.0, there is no problem.  Under Win95 with Access v 7.0, the application
just dies trying to read the database. I do not know the what error message
was displayed if any, a user encounter this problem running the executable
and an unable to reproduce the problem as we (me and the other support
person) do not have Access v 7.0 installed.

What can I do to support this kind of user setup. Is there a compatibility
layer for Jet v2.0 to Jet v 3.0 compatibility like there was for Jet v 1.0 to
Jet v 2.0?  Is there something I need to change in the Win95 registery to use
the Jet v 2.0 dll first?

It would seen that there should already be an answer to this question as
companies have upgraded their users PC's to newer ones which have
Win95/Office95 installed.  We do not want to tell users that everybody has to
upgrade to Win95 and Office95 but have to still support the DOS/Win v 3.1
users still using Access v 2.0.

Thank anyone for any help they can give.

1. VB3/4 Problem Accessing Access 1.1, Read Only In WIN95

The following code works with no error in WIN 3.11, but gives a 3051
error in WIN 95 when trying to read a database from a write protected
disk.  The results are the same for VB3 & VB4.  Why does it not work in
WIN95, and is there a work around?

Sub Form1_Load()
   Dim dbgExtern as database

   On error resume next
   Set dbgExtern = OpenDatabase("A:\Expdata\Cornealx.mdb", False, True)
   label1 = Str$(Err)

end sub

Thanks

2. US-NC-Charlotte Database Administrator

3. Accessing Access 2.0 database with VB3, ODBC 2.0 and Microsotf Jet Engine Compatibility Layer

4. IIS/ODBC/dBase: "The database engine could not lock table ..."

5. VB3.0 + Access 2.0 MDB?

6. Scripting Roles

7. DAO 2.5 / Access 2.0 / VB 4.0 / NT Server Access MDB corruption problem

8. storing -2147483648

9. Help: Problem connecting VB3 app to Access 2.0 w/ODBC in Win-OS/2

10. Help with VB3/Access 2.0 problem PLEASE!!!

11. Read/Update MS Access 7.0 db from Delphi Developer 2.0 (PLEASE HELP)

12. Reading Access 2.0 db on network w/read-only access

13. HELP - VB PRO /ACCESS 2.0 READ ACCESS ONLY mystery