RDO-->SQL6.5 GetChunk problems

Post by Juli » Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Can anyone shed any light on why I cannot seem to get the GetChunk
method to work with my RDO-->SQL 6.5 connection.
The line of code I have (as per the example in Hitchhiker's Guide to VB
and SQL) is
dim original as string
original = rcStoresReq!ReqDetails.GetChunk(50)
(where rcStoresReq is the Resultset and ReqDetails is the column name)
returns the error "S1109, Invalid cursor position"
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Julia

1. rdo-->ODBC-->SQL6.0 (Errors on Addnew, Update)

'
'  MyConn is an rdoConnection to a SQL6.0 datasource
'

MySql = "Select * from MyTbl where MyId = NULL"

Set MySet = MyConn.OpenResultset(MySql,rdOpenDynamic,rdConcurRowVer)

MySet.AddNew

MySet!MyId = 1
        '
        '
        '
        '
MyStatus = "A"

MySet.Update

'
'  At this point I generally encounter an ODBC error.
'

 Attempting to open this table with the Visdata sample application provided
with Visual Basic with recordset type set to dynaset and
 from type set to Data Control yields Error 3072:Can't update. Database or
object is read-only.
 MyTbl has several fields of only int, and varchar type.  Each field has a
constraint of NOT NULL and default of either 0 or ' ' depending
 on type.
 There are no indexes defined nor a primary key defined for the table.
 Interestingly enough,  I am able to circumvent the errors if I define a
primary key for the table.  While this is acceptable for an application
with
 a few tables (1 or 2) I think it very unweildly for many tables (such as
the 40 I have to deal with).  This is even more so in tables with one to
many
 relationships.
 I am trying to avoid using MyConn.Execute SQLString because of the long
SQLString that needs to be generated.

If anybody has any explanation or suggestions as to how I can overcome this
problem I would be happy to hear from them.

Tanking you in advance,

Mark Rosario

2. Event 10053

3. RDO-->SQL 6.5. GetChunk S1109 error

4. How to get the path from an alias

5. RDO 1 -> RDO 2 Problem

6. Matches operator

7. OLE DB error -2147217887 applying getchunk on rdo column returned from a sp

8. Help!: Cannot print from Pdx 7 to HP 8000 connected via Jetdirect

9. GetChunk method of RDO

10. Bugs in rdo GetChunk, Columnsize (cannot read OLE field)

11. RDO and GetChunk

12. GetChunk with RDO

13. MS-Win95-->MS-Proxy2.0-->MS-SQL6.5