Filtered Paradox Table and the DBGrid

Post by ALauda » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have noticed that when I have a filtered table being shown in a DBGrid, the
scrollbar thumb tag does not work properly.  What happens is the thumb tag is
at the top of the scroll bar on the first record, the thumb tag goes to the
center of the scroll bar for any subsequent records and the thumb tag goes to
the bottom of the scroll bar at the last record.  Also, the size of the thumb
tag does not size relative to the number of records in the filtered table.  All
works correctly on an unfiltered table.  Has anyone else experienced this
peculiarity?  Is this a bug or just the way things work on a filtered table?

Thanks
Anthony

Post by Jeremy Collin » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>I have noticed that when I have a filtered table being shown in a DBGrid,
the
>scrollbar thumb tag does not work properly.  What happens is the thumb tag
is
>at the top of the scroll bar on the first record, the thumb tag goes to the
>center of the scroll bar for any subsequent records and the thumb tag goes
>the bottom of the scroll bar at the last record.  Also, the size of the
thumb
>tag does not size relative to the number of records in the filtered table.
All
>works correctly on an unfiltered table.  Has anyone else experienced this
>peculiarity?  Is this a bug or just the way things work on a filtered

table?

It's just the ways things work. You get the same behaviour with
a grid connected to a query. The design of the DBGrid is such that
it doesn't know (or cannot predict) how many records are in
a filtered dataset, so it cannot reliably adjust the scrollbars.

--
Jeremy Collins

Post by Lukas Zell » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> It's just the ways things work. You get the same behaviour with
> a grid connected to a query. The design of the DBGrid is such that
> it doesn't know (or cannot predict) how many records are in
> a filtered dataset, so it cannot reliably adjust the scrollbars.

I am wondering what's so difficult in finding out the number of
records in a filtered TTable or a TQuery? There's that
RecordCount property, what's wrong with that? I've never had
a case where RecordCount was not reliable so far...

--

1. Filtering Paradox Tables

Sorry for any crossposts, but perhaps the solution for this can be solved using
ODBC. Thanks for any help

I'm trying to retrieve a selected recordset from a paradox table with the
following SQL Statement:

strSQL="SELECT * FROM [GROUP] WHERE [Grp] = '1'"

the recordopening looks like this:

rsCheckRecord.Open strSQL, cnnCentralDB , adOpenForwardOnly, adLockBatchOptimistic

and the connection looks like this:

        strConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" &
mstrDataPath & _
                        ";Extended Properties=Paradox 4.x;"
        Set cnnCentralDB = New ADODB.Connection
        cnnCentralDB.Open strConnection          ' Set the Central Database

I can open recordsets with the connection, but as soon as I use a *WHERE* clause
in the SQL statement, I get the error:

'Operation not supported on a Paradox table without a Primary Key.'

Seems like I should be able to filter out the records I want without having a
primary key. Any ideas on how to solve or work around this? Thanks in advance

-Tim

to respond directly, remove ~NOSPAM~ from the email address

.

2. Interesting web sites - client-server products

3. Filter a Paradox table on a Logical field

4. Grouping by a date column

5. Filter in tables [PARADOX for DOS]

6. Connecting MS-Excel and INGRES...

7. Filters in Paradox tables

8. PDOX 4.5 DOS to PDOX 8 WIN95....?

9. Problems filtering Paradox Tables

10. Paradox 7 table duplicate entries in DBGrid

11. Synchronize between Paradox table and DBGrid

12. Filtering table already filtered .....