How to: Export DBF to ASCII???

Post by S.Pa » Wed, 18 Nov 1998 04:00:00

HELP!!!

I am trying to write a simple utility to open a DBF file and export it
to a comma delimited ascii text file.

I simply open the dbf file like this:

Dim db As Database
Dim strPath As String

   strPath = "c:\my documents"

   Set db = Workspaces(0).OpenDatabase(strPath, dbDriverNoPrompt, False,

"Dbase IV;DATABASE=strPath" & "\Employee.dbf")

db.Execute "Select * into [Text; DATABASE=" & "C:\My
Documents].[emp.txt] FROM employee"

Wehn I try and run the make table query.  I keep getting an error:

"Query Input must contain at least one table..."

However, I tried the exact same piece of code, except I opend an Access
MDB which contained the same tables (i.e. employees) and it worked fine.

Am I referencing the dbf file employees incorrectly?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!

Steve Pas

1. dbf to ascii and ascii to dbf

I need to write an application that needs to be able to export its data in
dbf and ascii format as well as importing the two.  Along with this this
application will also be used to convert between the two on the command
line.  Therefore I need some information either on the format of the dbf
file or a set of routines that I could use in this program....   It
doesn't matter if it is commercial, shareware or PD....

Thanks!!!

Steve Bauer

2. Second SQL Server

3. HELP! Need export tool (DBF to ASCII)

4. Problem with Portals using Instant Web Publishing

5. ASCII, ASCII, ASCII, ASCII

6. Query to get 10 oldest rows of a table

7. export .dbf to .mdb and link .dbf to .mdb

8. Problem with Rename Function

9. ASCII, ASCII, ASCII

10. ascii to dbf???

11. Converting Foxpro .DBF files to ASCII -tool(s)?

12. ASCII to DBF utility wanted

13. file oracle.dbf ascii HPUX11