How can I identify a partial replica MDB via DAO?

How can I identify a partial replica MDB via DAO?

Post by Chri » Wed, 25 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Does anybody know how to programmatically identify what type of
database an Access 97 MDB file is? I am using DAO 3.5. I have searched
the DAO helpfile, read the FAQ's, Whitepapers etc... etc..

I know that the information that I need is in one of the System
tables, but I need to find the specific one. Particularly I need to
know if an mdb file is:

1. A standalone database
2. A full replica / design master
or
3. A partial replica.

Reason:
I am writing my own Partial Replica creation program as the MS partial
replica wizard doesn't meet my needs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
ChrisD

How can I identify a partial replica MDB via DAO?

Post by Rebecca Riorda » Thu, 26 Feb 1998 04:00:00

There are some database properties that may help...Replicable, ReplicaID and
DesignMasterID.  Obviously, if these aren't present, the database is
stand-alone, so you could error-trap for that.  There's also a
PartialReplica property, but it's a recordset property, not a database
property.  Help has the details.

    - Rebecca.

>Does anybody know how to programmatically identify what type of
>database an Access 97 MDB file is? I am using DAO 3.5. I have searched
>the DAO helpfile, read the FAQ's, Whitepapers etc... etc..

>I know that the information that I need is in one of the System
>tables, but I need to find the specific one. Particularly I need to
>know if an mdb file is:

>1. A standalone database
>2. A full replica / design master
>or
>3. A partial replica.

>Reason:
>I am writing my own Partial Replica creation program as the MS partial
>replica wizard doesn't meet my needs.

>Any help would be appreciated.

>Thanks
>ChrisD

1. partial replica filter expression

Has anyone managed to work around the seemingly table centric Replicafilter
property and extended a filter expression to include a join on another
table? As far as I can tell, allowable expressions can be any valid Where
clause --sql query everything after the where of any where clause. Here is
what I want to do:

instead of:

'td.name = "Customer"
td.ReplicaFilter = "[State]= 'AB'"

I want to:

'td.name = "Customer-D"
td.ReplicaFilter = "Customer.[State]= 'AB'"     'joined on [cust-no]

NOTE: the above doesn't work, I get an error complaining that the 'Customer'
part of the expression is invalid.

Rob

2. Q: SQL-DMO: How to set connection properties for local server?

3. MS Access Partial Replica to Avoid AutoNumber

4. Informix C++ Interface

5. Compact .mdb w/Password via ODBC/DAO Question

6. What's better: Informix, Oracle, or...? (possible repost)

7. Error 3343 with MDB via DAO 3.51 in multi-user environment

8. canned code to get db on web quickly via perl or

9. How to copy entire table from one Access mdb to another mdb by DAO

10. Jet (access) Replica , dao and ado features

11. Using DAO to Synchronize Replicas