Simple question on accessing a Database Recordset

Simple question on accessing a Database Recordset

Post by Modiglian » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 08:36:46

You're going to have to find a reference source. Getting the info you need
like this, one problem at a time, is just too slow. And you need to get up
too speed on some of the basic concepts. Persevere with the online help.

But, for what it's worth --

You don't update columns independently. You add a new row (record) to the
recordset, then update the columns in that row.
There are two basic methods:

MyRecordset.AddNew
MyRecordset("Col1") = new value
MyRecordset("Col2") = new value
MyRecordset.Update

or

SQL = "INSERT INTO Summary (Field1, Field2) VALUES (v1, v2);"
DB.execute SQL

But there's a lot more to it that you need to know about.

Quote:> I am using a table from an access database