Need Help with APEX DBGrid

Post by Trond Kalan » Wed, 15 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi, I need help on how to put a drop down list in a DBGrid. How to populate
it with values that will be stored in a table.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Mats Wold

Need Help with APEX DBGrid

Post by PLH3 » Wed, 15 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I'm not sure but I think that drop-down-list boxes are unsupported in the
standard control that Apex liscensed to Microsoft.  The DB Grid is very
flexible however, it will not support some of the things that MS Access excels
at ie. DDLists embedded in a table.  What I have done in the past is use the DB
Grid for data display (it is very adaptable!) and a form for the data entry,
which will support the DDList control.  The drop-down-list can be bound to a
data control thru the property pages, and will allow only selections from a
design-time or user-defined list (table).  Hope this helps, at least a little.

PLH34

1. APEX True DBGrid vs. Sheridan DATA WIDGETS DBGrid

Does anyone out there have experience with one or both of these DBGrids in
unbound mode?  Do you have strong feelings about the quality of either
product?

I am currently using the APEX True DBGrid in unbound extended mode.  I am
happy with the performance of the grid, but the code provided by APEX for
the _unboundDataReadEx event is not the easiest to understand.  I downloaded
Sheridan's DBGrid and reviewed their code for the same event and it reads
very well.  As a result, I am a little concerned about the maintainability
of my current DBGrid choice.

Anyone out their have any opinions?

Thanks
Kouroche

2. delete triggers don't seem to work

3. is MS SQL Server 7.0 desktop edition free?

4. Help:"Apex DBGrid Header Column informations"

5. Georgia - Oracle Financials Senior Manager

6. Need help on Apex Data Grid (DBGRID32.OCX)

7. Open Client/C for Windows

8. Apex Databound DBGrid

9. APEX Releases True DBGrid Pro 5.0

10. Apex DbGrid Example, like Access table

11. Apex True DBGrid: Annoying delete row behavior

12. Apex True DBGrid usage question.