Changing IDAPI.CFG does not affect Paradox Table behavior

Changing IDAPI.CFG does not affect Paradox Table behavior

Post by Gabriel Beccar-Varel » Mon, 31 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I would like my Paradox tables to display dates using a 4
digit year (i.e. 1993 rather than 93). I opened the BDECFG
utility and made the appropriate change in the dates page. I
saved the change to the IDAPI.CFG file. I loaded DELPHI again
after the change. The tables continue to show a two digit year
in the date fields. What else do I need to do? Thank you.
--
Gabriel Beccar-Varela

Post by Steve Koters » Wed, 02 Aug 1995 04:00:00

: I would like my Paradox tables to display dates using a 4
: digit year (i.e. 1993 rather than 93). I opened the BDECFG
: utility and made the appropriate change in the dates page. I
: saved the change to the IDAPI.CFG file. I loaded DELPHI again
: after the change. The tables continue to show a two digit year
: in the date fields. What else do I need to do? Thank you.

The BDE date settings FOURDIGITYEAR and YEARBIASED only affect the stor-
age of data values -- not the display of dates. To adjust the display
of dates, the intended method (per the paradigm for designing Windows
applications) is through the Date/Time applet in Control Panel. This is
one of those factors that is usually relegated to the end-user and the
configuration of the individual computer. How the date is stored is the
only factor significant to the application developer.

To handle custom formats for date values beyond the control of the
Date/Time applet, you can parse the date value to a string, arrange
the component values from the date in whatever order desired, and then
programmatically handle the verification of editing of these component
parts.

_/ Steve Koterski               _/   The opinions expressed here are    _/

1. ALIAS IN idapi.cfg AND PDOXWORK.CFG

EVERYTIME I START TOOLS/BDE CONFIG I SEE VERY STRANGE ALIASES SUCH AS
ACCESS / ODBC DSN : ACCESS / OPEN MODE : BLANK
RS_BTRIEVE / ODBC DSN : RS_BTRIEVE / OPEN MODE : BLANK .
SO I DELETE ALIASES WHICH I NEVER MAKE AND FILE/SAVE.

BUT NEXT TIME I OPEN IT, I CAN SEE THEM AGAIN.

ALSO WHEN TRY TO SELECT TABLE1.DATABASENAME IN OBJECT INSPECTOR,
THERE IS ERROR MESSAGE " COULD NOT FIND OBJECT " .

PLS KINDLY ADVISE WHAT IS PROBLEM AND HOW CAN I FIX IT.

ALSO PLS ADV WHAT IS PDOXWORK.CFG .

I INSTALLED INFOPOWER FEW DAYS AGO AND LOOKS LIKE AFTER THAT TIME
 I EXPERIENCE THIS KIND OF PROBLEM BUT NOT SURE.

2. vlookup equivalent

3. Changing IDAPI.CFG programmatically, how?

4. Add multiple records ats once

5. Changing IDAPI.CFG from programm

6. Removing/Uninstalling ADO 2.7 Beta 2

7. alternative idapi.cfg file

8. How to modify IDAPI.CFG

9. PWin 5.0: How to readi IDAPI.CFG?

10. idapi.cfg

11. Problems with Ingres and BDE configuration - idapi.cfg (0/1)

12. Using an alternative idapi.cfg file