Data Control: Edit method gives Read-Only error

Data Control: Edit method gives Read-Only error

Post by Darryl Minsk » Fri, 27 Dec 1996 04:00:00

hello:

I am using a data control to manage my tables within my MDB.
I get an "error 3027 - can't update. database or object is read-only"
whenever I issue the EDIT or ADDNEW method. My data control is not
set to read-only, I am not on a network, and everything looks ok.
What am I doing wrong?

The only thing that looks funny to me is in the Data Manager all
the fields in my tables are DataUpdatable = False. I try to set
them to True but my changes never take.

FWIW, I created this database using Access, since its data manager
interface is far superior to the one in VB 4.0.

Any help appreciated,

Darryl Minsky
Calgary, AB, Canada