Package and Deployment Wizard

Post by Giacom » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 01:02:19

After running a pdw for an access distributed database, there is a reference
left somewhere from the compile... example...

..\my\folder\database.mdb  is where the file was compiled

...\program files\install folder\database.mdb  is where the database is
installed

Program thinks database is still on ..\myfolder\database.mdb

Where is this ref coming from and how do I get rid of it?

Giacomo

Package and Deployment Wizard

Post by Giacom » Sun, 14 Jul 2002 18:48:39

Ramesh
Thanks,
Giacomo

Quote:> Hello Giacomo,
> Check out the Setup.lst file created by the PDWizard.
> This lst file should have the file name and the target location.

> Hope this helps.

> Ramesh Thyagarajan, MCSD,MCDBA
> Microsoft Developer support

rights.

> Are you secure? For information about the Microsoft Strategic Technology
> Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
> http://www.microsoft.com/security.

1. Package&Deployment wizard problem

I've created my first app with VB6, and now I can't install it!
Package&deployment wizard creates 3 files: projectname.cab,
setup.exe and setup.lst. I've copied those files on CD.
When I start setup.exe on target computer, it says:
---------
   Invalid line in setup information file
   Section: Setup 1 files

--------
then installation stops.

I've tried on different systems (98/95) and computers, but nothing
changes. I didn't change anything in setup.lst.

Please help !

2. ADO Seek with SQL Server

3. Question on Package and Deployment Wizard

4. Case Statement in Update Statement

5. Package and Deployment Wizard doesn't work with Data Environment Report

6. home database

7. Package and Deployment Wizard

8. SQLXML 3.0 RTM Available now!

9. package and deployment wizard

10. Package and Deployment Wizard

11. Package and deployment wizard

12. Package and Deployment Wizard

13. Using Package and Deployment Wizard - Didn't work