jdbc-odbc problem, jvm hangs

Post by kanch » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

hi!

i am having a funny problem when i run my program to connect to an access
database via jdbc-odbc the jvm hangs if i use the jdk 1.2.2 to run it.
however, the same program works without any problem in jbuilder 3 pro ide
when i run it.

why is it so?

also running the table example in the sun jdk 1.2.2 does not create any
problem.

ashish

jdbc-odbc problem, jvm hangs

Post by Jose M. Albarrá » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I have the same enviroment and the same problem. Then, I cannot help you,
but you know it's not your only problem.

It hangs in a rset.close();

If you know anything new, please, let me know

Jose M. Albarrn

Quote:> hi!

> i am having a funny problem when i run my program to connect to an access
> database via jdbc-odbc the jvm hangs if i use the jdk 1.2.2 to run it.
> however, the same program works without any problem in jbuilder 3 pro ide
> when i run it.

> why is it so?

> also running the table example in the sun jdk 1.2.2 does not create any
> problem.

> ashish

jdbc-odbc problem, jvm hangs

Post by Toby Pipe » Fri, 28 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I haven't had any problems with using ODBC to Access, however I was using
JDK 1.1.8.

There are lots of problems when you don't close your resultsets and
statements after each use. If you are reusing you statements you might try
closing it and getting a new one each time.

HTH,

Toby

>Hi,

>I have the same enviroment and the same problem. Then, I cannot help you,
>but you know it's not your only problem.

>It hangs in a rset.close();

>If you know anything new, please, let me know

>Jose M. Albarrn

>> hi!

>> i am having a funny problem when i run my program to connect to an access
>> database via jdbc-odbc the jvm hangs if i use the jdk 1.2.2 to run it.
>> however, the same program works without any problem in jbuilder 3 pro ide
>> when i run it.

>> why is it so?

>> also running the table example in the sun jdk 1.2.2 does not create any
>> problem.

>> ashish

1. JDBC:ODBC memory access error killing my JVM

Hello,

I had been successfully using the RmiJdbc package with Sun's ODBC bridge
to connect between a Solaris2.5 client and an NT4 server running MS Access2.

Recently however, I've noticed that during lengthy runs, the NT RmiJdbc
server will occasionally provoke a Windows OS error claiming that there has
been a memory access error somewhere deep in the bowels of the OLE DB stuff.
This crashes the JVM on the NT box.  It happens under both the Sun JRE 1.1.6
and 1.1.7.

Anyone have any information on this?  I'm assuming that it is happenning in
Sun's less than robust JDBC:ODBC bridge.

Can anyone recommend a more robust (commercial) JDBC:ODBC driver that I could
use instead?  I don't care much about speed performance, but the thing can't
be crashing on me.  I also would prefer a solution that minimizes changes
to my existing architecture (i.e. I'd like to still use RmiJdbc).

Thanks in advance,
Steve
--
Steve McWilliams
Software Engineer, www.access.digex.net/~stevemc

2. How to change the table owner?

3. JDBC/ODBC extremely slow queries, no CPU usage, IBM JVM for Win32

4. Bug with ActiveX and dtsrun.exe?

5. No matching JVM was found. (JVM is installed)

6. DataBase Grid

7. jdbc-odbc access executeQuery hangs

8. where clause cast fails despite use of isnumeric, other checks

9. JDBC/ODBC Bridge hanging?

10. Searching: JDBC driver for IE5, IE6 (with MS-JVM)

11. Quick question oracle/unix/jdbc/jvm/web

12. Will JDBC work on standard JVM?