Package & Deployment Wizard Problem

Post by Richard Chave » Fri, 26 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello All!

I got the following message while installing a Packaged VB Application into
a NT Workstation 4.0:

"The file 'C:\Winnt\System32\$(DLLSelfRegisterEx)' could not be registered
because it was not found".

Does anyone saw this message before and know how to fix it?
Do "Package & Deployment Wizard" (Visual Studio 6.0 new Setup Wizard) really
works?

My VB6 application have a lot of OCX controls and uses MDAC.

ANY help is very wellcome!!! Thank you!

Richard Chaves

Package & Deployment Wizard Problem

Post by Richard Chave » Fri, 26 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello All!

I got the following message while installing a Packaged VB Application into
a NT Workstation 4.0:

"The file 'C:\Winnt\System32\$(DLLSelfRegisterEx)' could not be registered
because it was not found".

Does anyone saw this message before and know how to fix it?
Do "Package & Deployment Wizard" (Visual Studio 6.0 new Setup Wizard) really
works?

My VB6 application have a lot of OCX controls and uses MDAC.

ANY help is very wellcome!!! Thank you!

Richard Chaves

Package & Deployment Wizard Problem

Post by John McGuiga » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I had a problem installing a Deployment Wizard setup program with MDAC on
some older PC's.

It wouldn't install until I installed IE4, and then my setup program would
work OK.

John

>Hello All!

>I got the following message while installing a Packaged VB Application into
>a NT Workstation 4.0:

>"The file 'C:\Winnt\System32\$(DLLSelfRegisterEx)' could not be registered
>because it was not found".

>Does anyone saw this message before and know how to fix it?
>Do "Package & Deployment Wizard" (Visual Studio 6.0 new Setup Wizard)
really
>works?

>My VB6 application have a lot of OCX controls and uses MDAC.

>ANY help is very wellcome!!! Thank you!

>Richard Chaves

1. Package&Deployment wizard problem

I've created my first app with VB6, and now I can't install it!
Package&deployment wizard creates 3 files: projectname.cab,
setup.exe and setup.lst. I've copied those files on CD.
When I start setup.exe on target computer, it says:
---------
   Invalid line in setup information file
   Section: Setup 1 files

--------
then installation stops.

I've tried on different systems (98/95) and computers, but nothing
changes. I didn't change anything in setup.lst.

Please help !

2. Oracle Admin & Develpoer Tools

3. Package & Deployment Wizard with SQL2000

4. Differences of SQL, Access, and Oracle

5. package & Deployment Wizard

6. I

7. Package & Deployment Wizard Query

8. : How can an EntityBean notify a remote client that its state has changed

9. Package & Deployment Wizard

10. Errors from VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard

11. Package & Deployment Wizard and Bitmaps

12. Package Deployment Wizard?

13. Package and deployment wizard