Package & Deployment Wizard Query

Post by INTECNOE » Fri, 10 Aug 2001 23:57:25

Hello.

I am attempting to learn how to utilize the Package and Deployment Wizard
effectively.

Our application will have many support files that are required for presentation
of the application environment.

What is the methodology to include a directory with files and subdirectories as
Included Files using the Add... interface in the Package and Deployment Wizard?
Is there another method to accomplish ensuring that all necessary files and
folders are included with a deployment installer?

I thank you for any assistance.

John

Package & Deployment Wizard Query

Post by Tim Nieuwvee » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 20:51:47

John

Adding file with the P&DW will be installed in the same directory as your
application. You have to edit the LST-file to place them in seperate
directories. First add all the file needed with the P&DW and build the setup
files. Then open the LST file with notepad and add the directory name for
each file you want in a diffirent directory.

Current value:

New value:

AM,290816,1.0.0.0

or

AM,290816,1.0.0.0

Success
Tim

Quote:> Hello.

> I am attempting to learn how to utilize the Package and Deployment Wizard
> effectively.

> Our application will have many support files that are required for
presentation
> of the application environment.

> What is the methodology to include a directory with files and
subdirectories as
> Included Files using the Add... interface in the Package and Deployment
Wizard?
> Is there another method to accomplish ensuring that all necessary files
and
> folders are included with a deployment installer?

> I thank you for any assistance.

> John

1. Package & Deployment Wizard

I've recently tried to compile and distribute an application I wrote.  When
I run the Package and Deployment Wizard everything completes successfully.
When I install the application, during the "Updating system" routine I get
the following error:

The file '..\locals~1\temp\msftqws.pdw\$(DLLSelfRegisterEx)' could not be
registered because it was not found.

I have another application that I tried to distribute and it worked great...
no errors.

I am using VB6 SP3.

Any ideas....

2. What is the Best Way to Migrate from HP-UX to AIX

3. package & Deployment Wizard

4. MaximDevice limit for SQl Server 11-11.5 (was: Sybase 2Gb Limit)

5. Package & Deployment Wizard and Bitmaps

6. Web Server Auth (using DB)

7. Errors from VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard

8. Macintosh Client development tools for Informix

9. Package&Deployment wizard problem

10. Package & Deployment Wizard with SQL2000

11. Package & Deployment Wizard Problem

12. Package and Deployment Wizard doesn't work with Data Environment Report

13. Deployment wizard package VB6