How can I lock multiple records at the same time in Paradox?

How can I lock multiple records at the same time in Paradox?

Post by Danny Tiongc » Sat, 19 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I've been trying to lock multiple records in paradox using BDE call
DbiGetRecord and passing true to eLock field for each record I encounter...
However, once I got the lock on one record and tried to lock another
record, I got an error saying that record is already locked...

Can you lock only one record at a time?

Please mail me... thanks for your time...

Danny

1. Locking multiple records then releasing 1 at a time

Is there a way from VB to lock several rows in an access table then
release them 1 at a time. I'm using VB4 and DA0 2.5.

The following seems to lock both records ( there not on the same page )
but how could I then unlock them seperatly. What I need is to allow the
user to select records from a grid and take ownership until they
manually commit the transaction.

Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM X where Y = '1'")
rec_Work.Edit
Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM X where Y = '10000'")
rec_Work.Edit

Paul

2. BCPing Numeric Data

3. Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux and Remote database

4. SQL Task inserts same record multiple times instead going to next record

5. Best way to delete from recordset

6. How to transform a record into multiple records according to time slots classification

7. Canned PARADOX scripts?

8. Record Locking - Is there a way to test to see if a record has been locked

9. Multiple Users for Paradox - Error Directory Locked

10. Multiple Paradox databases lock files