Insert into SQL Server slow, slow, slow...

Insert into SQL Server slow, slow, slow...

Post by Marc Croyman » Sat, 28 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

doing a simple insert into an SQL Server database from Visual Basic
takes a long time (about 1 second for 1 insert).

The ODBC driver is version 2.65.0236

The insert is done as follows:

sql = "insert into table (x,y) values (a,b)"

db.execute sql, dbSQLPassThrough

Anyone knows how to speed things up?

Thanks,

Marc Croymans

1. Unique Index gets slower and slower and slower for inserts

Hi,

If I have a table with a unique index/constraint on a GUID column (which,
includes using it as a primary key), then inserts to the table get progressively
slower and slower as more records are added.

However, if I specify that the index is non-unique, then this slowing effect is
either not noticeable, or not present at all.

Is it normal for the slowing, and is there anything I can do about it, other
than not have the unique constraint on the index?

Cheers,

Steve.

Remove the 'NOSPAM.' to send me e-Mail

2. executing DTS package question

3. Slow slow slow from an ASP

4. Error by starting postmaster

5. Slow, slow, slow search on VB6, ADO and SS7

6. Pervasive 2000 hangs with load increase

7. Why does my BCP Load run slower, and slower, and slower

8. Next 1000 rows???

9. PDOXWIN5 Slow (slower than slow)

10. DB Getting Slower and Slower and Slower....

11. Slow, slow, slow DDEs

12. SQL Server Inserts very slow on multi-processor server

13. Query getting slower and slower.....