16-bit ODBC Microsoft SQL driver question

16-bit ODBC Microsoft SQL driver question

Post by Ted Voge » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

When configuring Access 2.0/VB 16-bit for Microsoft SQL, what's the
difference between the sqlsrv.dll file and the dbmssoc3.dll file?

I got the sqlsrv.dll file with VB3. The dbmssoc3.dll file I found somewhere
on the internet. Can it be freely distributed?

What are the two files used for? Anyone go a breif description of why/how
these files are used in ODBC connectivity and if there are alternatives
(free)?

Thanks,
Ted

--
Remove "HATESPAM" from email address to reply...

1. 16-bit ODBC Microsoft SQL driver question

When configuring Access 2.0/VB 16-bit for Microsoft SQL, what's the
difference between the sqlsrv.dll file and the dbmssoc3.dll file?

I got the sqlsrv.dll file with VB3. The dbmssoc3.dll file I found somewhere
on the internet. Can it be freely distributed?

What are the two files used for? Anyone go a breif description of why/how
these files are used in ODBC connectivity and if there are alternatives
(free)?

Thanks,
Ted

--
Remove "HATESPAM" from email address to reply...

2. SQL7 DTS package->VBA

3. ODBC driver installation conflicts (between 16 bit and 32 bit drivers) on NT

4. can't login, please, help!

5. xp_sendmail question

6. 16 bit SQL Driver VS 32 bit SQL Driver

7. Invalid 'NetworkAccess'

8. Microsoft 16 bit ODBC driver for Oracle 7.3

9. Microsoft ODBC 16-bit Database Driver Pack version 2.0

10. 16-bit/32-bit ODBC drivers - NT Environment

11. 32 bit BDE with 16 bit ODBC Drivers

12. 16 Bit app trying to access 32 bit ODBC driver