Can't support Office 2000 MDB file

Pretty sure Access 2000 uses DAO 3.6 (or is is 4.0?)

--

Beer, Wine and Database Programming.  What could be better?
Visit "Doug Steele's Beer and Programming Emporium"

Post by Sam Won » Mon, 23 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi there,

I try to use VB6 to open MDB file create by Office 2000. But,  the error
message said that VB6 can't support such file format. I use DAO 3.5. Who
know are there any patch file that make VB6 can support Office 2000 MDB file
format, or are there other methods?

Thanks

Sam

Can't support Office 2000 MDB file

Post by Robert Smit » Mon, 23 Aug 1999 04:00:00

VB6 can connect to Jet4 with some important limitations if you cut the
DAO3.5x reference and replace with DAO3.6.

To get your datacontrols (std DAO) you have to rewrite any connections that
bind directly to tables to instead bind to Recordsets.  For details
includeing the link to the MS "workaroun" page see:

Http://www.smithvoice.com/access.htm

-Smith

>Pretty sure Access 2000 uses DAO 3.6 (or is is 4.0?)

Can't support Office 2000 MDB file

Post by Robert Smit » Mon, 23 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Access2000 is DAO3.6

Sorry bout the other note, mis-hit on the send key.  My apologies.

-Smith

>Pretty sure Access 2000 uses DAO 3.6 (or is is 4.0?)

>> Hi there,

>> I try to use VB6 to open MDB file create by Office 2000. But,  the error
>> message said that VB6 can't support such file format. I use DAO 3.5. Who
>> know are there any patch file that make VB6 can support Office 2000 MDB
file
>> format, or are there other methods?

>> Thanks

>> Sam

>--

>Beer, Wine and Database Programming.  What could be better?
>Visit "Doug Steele's Beer and Programming Emporium"
>http://webhome.idirect.com/~djsteele/

1. GB when trying to import .MDB file after installing Office 2000

Hello!

When I try to use DTS for imporing data from a MS Access .MDB file I get a
GP error just when the package is about to be executed. I have done this
before and the only difference that I can see is that I have installed
Office 2000.

Does anyone has a solution for this?

Dennis Jeryd, Trix Systems AB
www.trixsystems.se or www.trixsystems.com

2. Problem executing sp multiple times via ADO command object

3. Re Office 2000.mdb and VB6

4. Designer/2000 r.2.1.x bug?

5. SQLBindParameter for SQL_C_TIMESTAMP doesn't work in Windows 2000/Office 2000

6. SQL Server 2000 won't install with Back Office Server 2000

7. Jet doesn't work any more after installing Office 2000

8. LONDON - Sybase DBA's - Global Front Office - Development Support

9. Office 2000/ Office 97 Help Me please!