RDO Error 429 - Like to confirm if RDO available from VB Prof

RDO Error 429 - Like to confirm if RDO available from VB Prof

Post by Michael D. Lon » Fri, 29 May 1998 04:00:00

Search the VB Books Online and you'll find confirmation that
RDO is only available to the Enterprise version of VB.

It is possible that the version installed on your co-workers PC
was performed from the MSDN CD's, which would have the
Enterprise version.

Michael D. Long
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/9478/

Quote:> I get error 429 (ActiveX component can not create object) when I attempt

Post by RSW » Sat, 30 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>>I get error 429 (ActiveX component can not create object) when I attempt

use RDO.

I would like to confirm if RDO can be used with VB Professional<<

RDO only comes with VB Enterprise....I had to upgrade recenlty myself for
the same reason.

Good Luck.
Richard Weck

RDO Error 429 - Like to confirm if RDO available from VB Prof

Post by Andy Somervill » Sun, 31 May 1998 04:00:00

This is not true. RDO comes with VB5 professional as well. However, VB
Enterprise does supply the rdo remote data object as well as a tsql de*.
Andy

> >>I get error 429 (ActiveX component can not create object) when I attempt
> use RDO.

> I would like to confirm if RDO can be used with VB Professional<<

> RDO only comes with VB Enterprise....I had to upgrade recenlty myself for
> the same reason.

> Good Luck.
> Richard Weck

RDO Error 429 - Like to confirm if RDO available from VB Prof

Post by Simon Jone » Tue, 02 Jun 1998 04:00:00

NO!
Some of the RDO files are shipped with VB5 Professional but you don't have
the crucial licence files. The RDO files you do get are there to support DAO
with ODBC Direct.

Regards,
Simon Jones
PC Pro Magazine

1. RDO and error 429

Sorry if this is a re-post, but I don't believe my initial post went
through...

I am getting error 429 (Can't create Active X object) at the client
machine when the following code executes:
  On Error GoTo errhandler
  connStr = "dsn=ExDB;uid=sa;pwd=;"
  Set rde = rdoEngine.rdoEnvironments(0)
  Set rdc = New RDO.rdoConnection
  rdc.LoginTimeout = 120
  rdc.QueryTimeout = 120
  Set rdc = rde.OpenConnection("", rdDriverNoPrompt, False, connStr)

Here is the interesting scenario:
1) When this code was initially rolled out, it worked fine at client
computers.
2) The project was installed on a new development machine.  This
machine has all of the same installs as the prior machine, and can
execute the code fine (in both the IDE and alone).  However, when
just the EXE file is distributed to the client machines, it no longer
works...

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks in advance for any insight...

Bill Grant

2. Single User Mode

3. Error #429 Problems with RDO connect

4. Stored Procedures in Select Statements

5. RDO error 429

6. Max Number of fields

7. Error 429 Grief with RDO

8. Printing Crystal Report

9. RDO end Error 429 - Cannot create object.

10. Error 429 and RDO?

11. Error 429 (ActiveX component cannot create object) with RDO

12. ADO RDO can't create object err 429

13. RDO 1 -> RDO 2 Problem