Access DB usage w/o ODBC

Post by Joe Robinso » Sun, 02 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I am writing an application in Visual C++ 4.2b and I want to know if there
some kind of a DB library that I can use on an Access(95 or 97) database
without having to go through ODBC?

Joe Robinson

Access DB usage w/o ODBC

Post by Ole Hopp » Sun, 02 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi, Joe,

have you tried with OLE Automation? You can build a class with Class Wizard
from the OLE Type Lib MSACCESS.TLB. I've got no experience with that but
that might be what you're looking for?

Sincerely

Ole

> I am writing an application in Visual C++ 4.2b and I want to know if
there
> some kind of a DB library that I can use on an Access(95 or 97) database
> without having to go through ODBC?

> Joe Robinson

Access DB usage w/o ODBC

Post by Tomas Gunnarsso » Mon, 03 Mar 1997 04:00:00

The Dao engine.
Use the CDao... classes that come with MFC
(CDaoDatabase,CDaoRecordset,CDaoQuerydef...)

Tommi

> I am writing an application in Visual C++ 4.2b and I want to know if
there
> some kind of a DB library that I can use on an Access(95 or 97) database
> without having to go through ODBC?

> Joe Robinson

1. usage of DB library verus ODBC ??

Hi everybody

In my project I have to do Bulk copy of text and image
data and using sql server 2000.

Using the DB library is better option or usage of ODBC !!
As microsoft says that it is not going to support in the
future.

Is there anything that using ODBC we cannot copy the data
whose size is bigger then 120kb at a time. As I am haivng
my graphics file storing in my table is greater then 120kb
even.

Any help would be appreciated !! if anybody could give me
the location where I can read something regarding the size
restriction if ODBC is not supporting and DB lib supports

Looking forward for help
Thanks
Govil

2. AUTOMATIC ENTRY IN THE SYSTEM-DSN !!! HOW ???

3. Microsoft Access usage with Oracle (through MS or Oracle ODBC)

4. Accessing records with 'occurs clause' on Unisys Mainframes??

5. OLE DB vs ODBC for Oracle DB access

6. VB/Access recordset

7. Accessing MS-Access 2.0 DB using ODBC

8. JOINing more than 2 tables?

9. ODBC Informix db access using MS Access

10. Attaching Access Db files to Access DB

11. Accessing both Access db and SQLServer db faster from VC++

12. Converting Access 2.0 DB to Access 97 DB in VB code

13. Convert Access 97 DB to Access 2002 DB