An access 95 program doesn't work on access 2000

An access 95 program doesn't work on access 2000

Post by xiaohang z » Thu, 03 Oct 2002 09:06:53

Hi, guys
   Need your expert idea. I have a access 95 program. I try to run it
in access 2000. It failed. I try to convert it from ->Tools->Database
Utilites->Convert...
It also failed. I know some VBA programming, so I look into the code.
And find "Dynaset" and something like "Forms!Access!". I have no idea
what's these kind of things. I think "Dynaset" maybe some old style of
"Recodeset". The problem is how to make it run in access 2000. Do I
need to go to the code to understand the whole thing(not a very small
program) and then change all the "Dynaset" things to "Recodeset"
things. Or there is a shortcut to do that. Or just forget the whole
thing to write a totally new one.
   I need your idea.

Thanks!

Jerry Zhu

1. How to convert a Access 95 program to Access 2000 program

Hi, everybody
   I have a Access 95 program written in VBA. I can't run it any more
since my computer has only Access 2000. How to make it run in Access
2000. This old program has some code like "Dynaset" and
"Forms!Users!Access". Should I rewrite the whole program in order to
run it in Access 2000? It looks to me that Access 2000 is using not
only different library, but also the language is a little bit
different. What's the best solution with this situation.

Thanks!

Xiaohang Zhu

2. Simple question importing Excel to Access

3. ADO Help doesn't work from within Access 2000

4. SQL server ActiveX & IDC-HTX for WEB

5. Access 95 to Access 2000

6. gui not working in 7.23 TC6 for Win NT

7. Access 95 - Access 2000

8. Synchronizing Two Recordsets on ODBC Source

9. ADO Help doesn't appear (Access 2000, Windows 2000)

10. Conversion Access 95 to Access 2000

11. Cascading Updates (Upsized from Access 95) Don't Work

12. Pdox 4.5 RUN command doesn't work inside WINDOWS 95