Needed! Java servlet based Message Board

Needed! Java servlet based Message Board

Post by saks1.. » Tue, 29 Jun 1999 04:00:00

HEllo guys
I need a servlet based Message Board. IF any of you have any clue where
i can find one, please help me out.
THanks.

In Peace
Saqib Ali

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Post by s.. » Tue, 29 Jun 1999 04:00:00

HEllo guys
I need a servlet based Message Board. IF any of you have any clue where
i can find one, please help me out.
THanks.

In Peace
Saqib Ali

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Needed! Java servlet based Message Board

Post by dnam.. » Tue, 29 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

see: http://coldjava.hypermart.net
title: Servlets.

Regards,
  Dmitry
------------------------------

> HEllo guys
> I need a servlet based Message Board. IF any of you have any clue
where
> i can find one, please help me out.
> THanks.

> In Peace
> Saqib Ali

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Niggle Web Application Framework 1.0 RC3 (with free message board servlet)

Greetings, friends.

I just put up a new version of the Niggle Web Application Framework.
1.0 RC3.

This release is almost entirely focussed on documentation. The tutorials
have been improved, the javadoc is more complete, and there are additional
docs on subjects such as: how to subclass certain classes, how to write
XML config files.

Another significant improvement is that the XML configuration files now
have a formal DTD and you can validate against this DTD separately.

In general, I am pretty happy with this release, and barring something
extraordinary, the next release will be labelled 1.0 final.

Background:
Niggle is a web application framework based around the Java 2 and the
2.2 Servlet API. The big practical advantage of Niggle is that
servlets written on top of the framework tend to be phenomenally
terse. For example, as proof of the pudding, I have included a free
message-board servlet that is fairly full featured -- tree view of
discussions, signup/login/sessions, storage of articles and user info
in an RDBMS -- in about 600 lines of Java code. (You can see this
example running with your own eyes at
http://www.webappcabaret.com/niggledemo/ )

This terseness is achieved basically because the "messy stuff" gets
externalized -- the presentation layer in HTML page templates, the
data persistence layer in XML configuration files. Once you have these
external files set up, a lot of stuff (validation of data, etc.)
happens automatically inside the framework without any need for you to
write code.

Niggle is available from its project page on Sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/niggle

or from the Revusky hacks link in my sig.

Jonathan Revusky
--
available for Java/Delphi/Internet consulting
If you want to...

2. How to save settings in Server/Client environment

3. SQLXML Message Board - Testers Needed

4. db.execute Help Required

5. NEED HELP: Message Board on Website

6. Rename Access table column

7. 2nd RFD: comp.lang.java.(server-side,comp.lang.java.servlet}

8. Help objectpal zoom? and file extraction.

9. DC-Washington-259424--Java-ORACLE-HTML-Webserver-Java Servlet Developer

10. Method setAttribute(java.lang.String, java.lang.Integer) not found in interface javax.servlet.ServletContext

11. A Great Tech Message Board

12. Efficient paging in an message board system

13. Creating a Message Board