Developing query to delete records from Access 2.0 with VB3

Developing query to delete records from Access 2.0 with VB3

Post by Susan Terese Slate » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Hi There,

I am looking for some great advice in developing a database application.
The database is linked to a datacontrol and updates are made at the
time of the change.  I want to go back and delete those records with a
specific time and date if the user makes false changes.  I am looking
for some advice on either developing a query to delete with parameter
values and/or whether to delete records from the table.  Any advice
would be greatful.

Thank You for your time!!!

[...]

Post by Phil Paxt » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Any advice would be greatful.
>Thank You for your time!!!

Well, because you said "any" -- any reason the request was posted five times?

--
 ------------------------------------
 Phil Paxton :: Fishers, Indiana, USA

Developing query to delete records from Access 2.0 with VB3

Post by Jeff Gold » Fri, 19 Jan 1996 04:00:00

On 17 Jan 1996 05:08:01 GMT, Susan Terese Slater

>Hi There,

>I am looking for some great advice in developing a database application.
>The database is linked to a datacontrol and updates are made at the
>time of the change.  I want to go back and delete those records with a
>specific time and date if the user makes false changes.  I am looking
>for some advice on either developing a query to delete with parameter
>values and/or whether to delete records from the table.  Any advice
>would be greatful.

>Thank You for your time!!!

Are you using the pro version? I did this using the northwind sample
that comes with MSACCESS 2.0.  And pro vb, the help says you can use
the data control if ya want as well.  I just never do.  Here is my
Code. Hope this helps.

Jeff Golden
Operations Analyst
UMB Bank

Sub Command1_Click ()
     Dim db As Database
     Dim SQLString as String
     Dim Date1 as string
     Dim Date2 as string

     Set db = OpenDatabase("C:\MSOFFICE\ACCESS\SAMPLES\NWIND.MDB")

     Date1="#1/1/92#"
     Date2="#1/1/93#"

    SQLString = "DELETE Orders.[Order Date] FROM Orders WHERE
                          ((Orders.[Order Date]>=" & Date1 & " And
                          Orders.[Order Date]<=" & Date2 & "))"

    db.Execute SQLString
     db.Close
End Sub

Post by Antti Kilpin » Fri, 19 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>Subject: RE: Developing query to delete records from Access 2.0 with VB3
>Date: 17 Jan 1996 05:13:50 GMT
>Hi There,
>I am looking for some great advice in developing a database application.
>The database is linked to a datacontrol and updates are made at the
>time of the change.  I want to go back and delete those records with a
>specific time and date if the user makes false changes.  I am looking
>for some advice on either developing a query to delete with parameter
>values and/or whether to delete records from the table.  Any advice
>would be greatful.
>Thank You for your time!!!

You propably forgot an INNER JOIN in your query since I got your post six
times ;-}

Developing query to delete records from Access 2.0 with VB3

Post by MASchul » Fri, 19 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I am looking
>for some advice on either developing a query to delete with parameter
>values and/or whether to delete records from the table.

Use an SQL-Execute like

Dim SQL as String
Dim QDate as string
QDate = "01/01/96"
SQL = "DELETE FROM Titles WHERE DeliverDate = #" & Qdate & "#"
My.Database.Execute SQL, dbFailOnError

I hope this will help you.

Michael A. Schulte

Developing query to delete records from Access 2.0 with VB3

Post by Henning Forgaa » Sat, 20 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi There,
>I am looking for some great advice in developing a database application.
>The database is linked to a datacontrol and updates are made at the
>time of the change.  I want to go back and delete those records with a
>specific time and date if the user makes false changes.  I am looking
>for some advice on either developing a query to delete with parameter
>values and/or whether to delete records from the table.  Any advice
>would be greatful.
>Thank You for your time!!!

Try

DataControl.Execute "Delete * From TableName Where Date is VALUE and
Time is VALUE"

Developing query to delete records from Access 2.0 with VB3

Post by MASchul » Sat, 20 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Using of Database Replication in VB 4.0 without the installation of ACCESS
7.0

If I try to make the mdb-File replicable with the sourceexample form
VB-Help-File an error appear.(Invalid argument. (Error 3001))

Sub MakeDBReplicable(strTargetDB)
    Dim dbs As Database

    ' Open database in exclusive mode.
    Set dbs = DBEngine(0).OpenDatabase(strTargetDB, True)

 ' Create property called "Replicable" and set to True.
    dbs.Properties.Append dbs.CreateProperty("Replicable", dbBoolean,
True)     ' Makes the DB replicable."
    dbs.Close
End Sub

Is there anyone outthere who have a solution. Thanks for all comments.

Michael A. Schulte

1. Accessing Access 2.0 database with VB3, ODBC 2.0 and Microsotf Jet Engine Compatibility Layer

After I have installed the ms/Jet engine compatibility layer for the
visual basic 3.0 is not more successful to access data with the ODBC driver
interface .

I can still see my data base like access 2.0.
But when I try to access it like an ODBC data base
the sample program supplied by microsoft in
the c:\ vb\samples\ visdata returns a reserved error.

My data base is very simple.
It consists just in a table named as table1
where a text field is defined like unique key.

2. Non-diacritical searching

3. VB3, Copy Queries from Access 2.0 Database

4. Mentor Pro, Basic Execute of SSELECT not

5. #deleted# on new records with Access 2.0 as client

6. New release of the FAQ

7. Deleting a detail record using Delphi 1.0 on a MS Access 2.0 database

8. Richmond, VA DataBase Workshop June 7-8

9. Access 2.0, ODBC, and deleting Records

10. Microsoft Access 2.0 - Deleting Duplicate Records

11. Can't Delete Records with Null Value on MSSQL 6.5 from Access 2.0

12. Help: Problem reading Access 2.0 mdb from VB3 under Win95/Access 7.0

13. Access 2.0/VB3.0 Combo box