Create Table Query does not Create Desired Datafields

Create Table Query does not Create Desired Datafields

Post by WC » Sun, 19 Jan 2003 12:09:15

I Have written a Code using ADO Recordset which is Linked to a Access 2000
Table.I create a Create Table Query as follows

QuestionNumber INTEGER CONSTRAINT QuestionNumber PRIMARY KEY,Question
TEXT(50), Opt1 TEXT,Opt2 TEXT,Opt3 TEXT,Opt4 TEXT,Marks BYTE,Correct INTEGER

The Query Executes correctly, the tables are Created but the DataTypes for
Opt1,Opt2,Opt3 and Opt4 are shown as 'Memo' type.What could be the Problem?

Thanks

Create Table Query does not Create Desired Datafields

Post by Stephany Youn » Mon, 20 Jan 2003 06:20:07

If you want a Jet Text column of length 1 which I assume you do then you
need to specify them as text(1).

Quote:> I Have written a Code using ADO Recordset which is Linked to a Access 2000
> Table.I create a Create Table Query as follows

> QuestionNumber INTEGER CONSTRAINT QuestionNumber PRIMARY KEY,Question
> TEXT(50), Opt1 TEXT,Opt2 TEXT,Opt3 TEXT,Opt4 TEXT,Marks BYTE,Correct
INTEGER

> The Query Executes correctly, the tables are Created but the DataTypes for
> Opt1,Opt2,Opt3 and Opt4 are shown as 'Memo' type.What could be the
Problem?

> Thanks

1. create temp table: -261 Cannot create file for table - Not owner

After working happily for many years, part of an application started
failing with the following messages:
   Program stopped at "temp_sth.4gl", line number 19.
   SQL statement error number -261.
   Cannot create file for table (dirwatch.temp_sth).
   SYSTEM error number -1.
   Not owner

The relevant part of temp_sth.4gl is
   CREATE TEMP TABLE temp_asset
   (
   sth_asset_ref  CHAR(20)
   )

Software is I4GL 4.20 RDS and SE 5.10 on SCO OSR 505

The /tmp filesystem is not full up and setting DBTEMP doesn't help.
permissions on /tmp are normal. The code works OK on another OSR 505 system.

Permanent tables can be created and dropped OK

Does anyone have any ideas what might cause this problem?

2. OLAP Services Processing Task Problem

3. Creating a job in a trigger causes intermittent Can not CREATE TABLE error

4. help: using " or / or + operators as part of a string

5. create table query creates strange fields

6. BDE Exception: Insufficient Memory

7. ADO-Created Table not accesable for immediate query?

8. Trigger locking the table

9. Create table creates invisible table

10. Create a Datafield at runtime???

11. PL/SQL query not giving desired results...