Remove security

Post by Mayu Ro » Wed, 01 Aug 2001 04:59:26

How would I remove security to a Access database which has been secured with
a workgroup (MDW) file? I am the administrator and have all passwords to get
in as Admin  but I need to open this to everyone without any security.

Thanks
mayu

Remove security

Post by AndyCric » Wed, 01 Aug 2001 10:36:28

As you have Admin access you can eopen the database then remove the password
from the Admin user - this will remove any need for the users to login (they
effectively log in as Admin).

Quote:> How would I remove security to a Access database which has been secured
with
> a workgroup (MDW) file? I am the administrator and have all passwords to
get
> in as Admin  but I need to open this to everyone without any security.

> Thanks
> mayu

1. Removing Security from databases

Here's a mildly odd situation.  Somehow, security has been turned on
on 1 of the databases I have.  All of the applications seem to be
running fine, so I don't think restrictive permissions have been
added.  I found this out when I ran mpro against 1 database, and a
login screen showed up.  I can select CANCEL and get into the database
just fine.

I am reasonably sure that I can dump the data, and reload it into a
new database.  Is there any way to disable the security in the
existing database?

I'm not very familiar with Progress security measures, just enough to
know I really don't want to be using them.

Thanks in advance.

2. Calculate week number if week 1 does not start on Jan-1

3. Removing security/password features from a Paradox 3.5 database

4. WATCOM 4.0 recommended database size

5. REMOVE, remove, PLEASE REMOVE this idoit out of this group

6. Mutex Lock for Informix 9.21.UC4

7. how to remove the security check for MS access when call the table

8. set permission on rows?

9. Access Recovery / Remove Access Security

10. Removing conflict Tables after replication is removed

11. 29056-MN-MINNEAPOLIS-Network Security-UNIX-ORACLE-AS400-Novell-UNIX AND ORACLE SECURITY

12. Confused between Server Security and Database Security