Seeking advice on displaying search results

Seeking advice on displaying search results

Post by Clever Monkey Dav » Tue, 01 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi All,

Please excuse my long-windedness. I don't get out much.

I have a bean, 'AllTheRecords' which has been written to the session
by a servlet. This bean contains a Vector of objects 'RecordObject'
which were populated by means of a SQL query.

Each 'RecordObject' in  AllTheRecords'  Vector  represents one row in
the SQL result set. My JSP loads an array of these RecordObjects from
the Vector, and displays them in rows.

AllTheRecords also contains these three properties:
        countPerPage
        firstOnPage
        lastOnPage

Say for arguments sake there are 200 of these in the Vector, though
the count may vary,  it will never be more than 200.

Using a single JSP page, I want to display the results 20 at a time,
allowing the user to page forward and backward through the results by
clicking on a tasteful little 'Next' or 'Previous' graphic at the
bottom of the page.

Assume that I have methods which will getCount() on the Vector,
incrementPage() and decrementPage() will alter firstOnPage and
lastOnPage based on countPerPage (20).

The solution employed may use HTML, JSP, and/or JavaScript.

I have some vague notion of a hidden control on the page that I pass
some parameter to, but I can't see through to a solution.

Anyone ever implement anything like this or know of a link that could
tutor me?

-Dave

[...]

1. How to Display Search Results Across Several Tables

I have several tables with identical fields.  Each table will be
searched in succession for certain records and each will likely return
at leat one record.  I would like to display all the results of these
searches at the same time in a grid.  I would greatly appreciate any
suggestions as to how to best accomplish this task.

Alan G Welsh

2. Building Shareable images (VMS,Oracle7.3)

3. displaying search results in a page with frames

4. "CASE fld WHEN NULL THEN" different in 6.5 from 7??

5. limit search result display on web page??

6. Disk controller write caching

7. Help needed optimizing display of search results in a web page

8. Login Security

9. search across files, two criteria, display results

10. How do I display search results across pages???

11. Display links to other pages in web search results

12. Full text search results not displaying

13. Displaying multiple pages of search results