Password problem using Crystal Reports HELP ME !!

Password problem using Crystal Reports HELP ME !!

Post by Jose R. Gome » Sat, 14 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I am working with Visual Basic 3.0 and Crystal Reports 2.0. And this is my
problem:

When trying to create a NEW report or verifying the D.B. of an existing one, I
get a message window with title "MS Access open session" (or something similar,
I am translating from the Spanish version) and prompts me for the username and
password. But the Access database installed DOES NOT have a password ( I have to
say that it did have password at the  beginning, but I took it off). Any hints?
Thank you.

1. Using crystal Reports Web to report on SQL database requires password

I am a newbie to both SQL and Crystal Reports 6.0.  I have an SQL 6.5
sp4 database and when I try to access a web report based on this
database I get the following message:

"The report you requested requires further information.
Please provide the following:
Database Logon(s):
                         Server Name: HelpDeskDB
                         Database Name: HelpDeskDB
                         User ID:
                        Password:"

Even if I enter the correct password and it still keeps bringing endless
prompt for a password.  How do you set up a web report on an SQL
database where the end users will not have to enter any type of password
to access the database?  I have tried web reports using Access databases
without any problems.  Does there have to be some type of anonymous
account in SQL?  Can you use a trusted connection on the web reporting?

Marjorie A. Crocker
Chief Information Officer
Covenant College
14049 Scenic Highway
Lookout Mountain, GA  30750-9601
phone: (706) 820-1572 ext. 7716
fax: (706) 820-2165

http://www.covenant.edu

2. Recommended books?

3. Crystal Reports ANd VB 6.0 Printing reports using CRPEAUTO Object, specifying paper orientation problem

4. Openroad debugger script size limitation

5. Any has used Crystal Report with SQL 2000, I have problem

6. US.FL.TAMPA PARADOX for Windows

7. Help with using date variable in Crystal reports selection formula

8. One Database (access) several Forms (Beginner)

9. Crystal Reports. problems using

10. Problems with printing using Crystal Reports

11. Error Detected by Database DLL When using Crystal Reports -- Help Please

12. Need Help - using crystal reports to call stored procs