Deleting tables with DAO/ODBC

Post by JC » Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I'm accessing a VFP free table through ODBC. Once I'm done, I want to delete
the file. Every attempt I've made to delete or drop the table has been
unsuccessful.

Thanx for suggestions in advance,

-JC

1. instead of delete trigger delete data from table using execute and temporary table for deleted

Hello,

SQL Server 2k has got me confused...below the instead of trigger that
causes all my problems...below the trigger the explanation of my
problem

create trigger [triggerConcurrenten] on [dbo].[concurrenten]
instead of delete
as
begin
        -- ***** Declare local vars

        begin transaction

        -- ***** Initialize

        select deleted.* into #deleted from deleted

        /*
        Delete data from concurrenten table using the below sql
statement
        works perfectly.
        =============
        delete
        from concurrenten
        where exists(
        select * from #deleted d
        where concurrenten.[id] = d.[id])
        */

        /* Delete using the execute function fails! */

        begin
                raiserror('[triggerConcurrenten]: Error occured!', 16, 1)
                rollback transaction
        end

        commit transaction
end

In the trigger I've tried a 'direct' sql statement to delete data from
the concurrenten table. No problem at all...but when I use the execute
function the exact same delete statement fails...what am I doing
wrong?

Thanx in advance for the answer!

Best regards,

Peter

2. Runtime error 216?

3. Renaming and deleting DAO tables?

4. Alternatives to foreign keys?

5. How do I delete a Table from Database with DAO

6. Expressions in a SQL Query

7. Deleting a Column from a Table via DAO

8. Y2K and Progress

9. Problem deleting and updating Fox table from Excel using DAO

10. Strange ODBC errors using DAO to access linked tables in Access .MDB

11. Attaching an ODBC database table using DAO

12. Q: DAO sample with attached ODBC table?

13. HELP: **** DAO: Importing database tables from an ODBC source to an MS Access database