Binding an ADO recordset to a MXFlexGrid Control????? HELP

Binding an ADO recordset to a MXFlexGrid Control????? HELP

Post by Marcus Mattingl » Wed, 03 May 2000 04:00:00

How do you bind an ADO recordset object to an MSFlexGrid at runtime???? The
help says you just do the following:

        Set grdFlexGrid.Datasource = objRecordSet

This doesn't work!! Help Please!

Marcus

Binding an ADO recordset to a MXFlexGrid Control????? HELP

Post by Andrew Grillag » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

The standard old MSFlexGrid is not OLEDB enabled. You should use the
MSHFlexGrid or the DataGrid.

--

Andrew Grillage
http://www.concresco.com

> How do you bind an ADO recordset object to an MSFlexGrid at runtime????
The
> help says you just do the following:

> Set grdFlexGrid.Datasource = objRecordSet

> This doesn't work!! Help Please!

> Marcus

Binding an ADO recordset to a MXFlexGrid Control????? HELP

Post by Matt Werne » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

Marcus:

You easily load a recordset into a MSFlexGrid control using the Clip
property.

The following example uses
' Populate grid with record set
With grdOrderForms
  'Size grid
  .Rows = intNumRows
  .Cols =intNumCols
  ' Populate grid
  .Row = 0
  .Col = 0
  .RowSel = intNumRows-1
  .ColSel = intNumCols-1
  .Clip = adoRecordSet.GetString(adClipString)
End With

This demonstrates just one way to accomplish this, others exist.

> How do you bind an ADO recordset object to an MSFlexGrid at runtime????
The
> help says you just do the following:

> Set grdFlexGrid.Datasource = objRecordSet

> This doesn't work!! Help Please!

> Marcus

Binding an ADO recordset to a MXFlexGrid Control????? HELP

Post by Larr » Sat, 03 Jun 2000 04:00:00

This is mush easier.
Assuming that you have created a recordset named rstSample and have a
FlexGrid named flxSample you could do this:

set flxSample = rstSample

Thats all there is to it.

Larrin

On Thu, 25 May 2000 05:24:13 -0400, "Matt Werner"

>Marcus:

>You easily load a recordset into a MSFlexGrid control using the Clip
>property.

>The following example uses
>' Populate grid with record set
>With grdOrderForms
>  'Size grid
>  .Rows = intNumRows
>  .Cols =intNumCols
>  ' Populate grid
>  .Row = 0
>  .Col = 0
>  .RowSel = intNumRows-1
>  .ColSel = intNumCols-1
>  .Clip = adoRecordSet.GetString(adClipString)
>End With

>This demonstrates just one way to accomplish this, others exist.

>> How do you bind an ADO recordset object to an MSFlexGrid at runtime????
>The
>> help says you just do the following:

>> Set grdFlexGrid.Datasource = objRecordSet

>> This doesn't work!! Help Please!

>> Marcus

Binding an ADO recordset to a MXFlexGrid Control????? HELP

Post by Larr » Sat, 03 Jun 2000 04:00:00

>This is mush easier.
>Assuming that you have created a recordset named rstSample and have a
>FlexGrid named flxSample you could do this:

I left out the most important part when I posted this so try this
set flxSample.DataSource = rstSample